photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We can all rest easy tonight.

Usually after I go grocery shopping, I throw my list away.

Not this week. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't read that one item on my list. So every time I walked into the kitchen I picked it up and scrutinized it a little more.

With no luck.

And of course, I brought it to you guys here without much luck as well....

Runts, rum nuts, corn, clams. My handwriting is worse than I thought!

I knew it couldn't have been any of those but I did find out that many of you think cream cheese, cheddar cheese and ice cream would make a fine meal. What are you guys doing for dinner Saturday? I'd love to have you over!

But the one thing that really struck me was how many of you actually do TYPE your lists! I was shocked and amazed because honestly, I was only kidding about typing up my list.

But now that I hear how many of you actually do it, I may have to consider it. I just don't think I'll ever be that organized though.

Maybe...one day when the kids are in college. When I finally get all of our pictures in picture albums. When I finally organize my closets by color and season. When I finally clean out the filing cabinet and get rid of the bills and miscellaneous paper work dating back to 1999.

O.k. so maybe I'll never get around to typing my lists but it's something to aspire to.

Anyway, last night, I was at my parent's house. In the summer after dinner we go over and sit on their front porch and rock in the rocking chairs and chat.

After about 15 minutes, Mom bolts up in her rocker and says, "The list! What about the list? Did you ever figure it out?"

"No!" I exclaimed. "I have been looking at it all day and I still can't figure it out."

So I ran back home to get the list so she could look at it. My photography skills are lacking so it was hard to really get a good look at it on my blog.

She started looking it over and the best she could come up with was "Riunite".

I just laughed. Because it's not 1981 and I'm not even sure they still make Riunite any more. (After a quick Google search, it appears that they do!)

So we started talking about what I was fixing for dinner this week to see if that would help me. Since the kids are in VBS this week (and they get dinner there!) I only really had dinner plans for the weekend.

On Saturday, we had steak and tortellini salad.

And that's when it hit me!

RED ONION!

That's it! Red onion! That was it. My husband looked at the list again and still didn't think that scratch could be red onion. But it is. It's red onion!

So what appears to be "R-E-A-squiggle-N-T" is really "R-E-D-O-N-I".

The pen ran out of ink on the "D" making it look more like an "A". And what I thought was a "T" being crossed is really an "I" being dotted.

I know. I know. I really need to start typing my lists.

But at least we can all rest well tonight knowing I figured it out.

The tortellini salad was delicious by the way.


post signature

25 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

Man, have I been THERE before. And I have a tortellini salad with red onion recipe too! Did you have to go back for the redoni?

the dragonfly said...

Ha! Funny stuff...glad you figured it out. (things like that drive me insane)

:)

Lisa said...

Wow - surely wouldn't have got red onion out of that - glad you figured it out though! Pretty funny. BTW - I usually write my list on the back of a piece of paper or envelope that's lying on the counter. No typing here!!! I DO sometimes make a picture grocery list for Goosey though of things I know she'll be able to find. I keep it saved on my computer as they're almost always things we need...anyway...she looks for them & has to cross them off. Gives her something fun to do!!!

Brittany said...

Whoa. That says red onions? I was guessing it really was "rum nuts." I couldn't figure out what a rum nut was, but I was intrigued nonetheless! haha.

Heather said...

I'm not seeing red onion, but if you say so. This has happened to me before too. Very annoying isn't it?

Tina said...

Ha...I am so glad the mystery is solved!! Red Onion...I would've NEVER figured that out! hee

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Awesome! I love when I figure it out!!!

Heather said...

And you can finally sleep good. Because, unfortunately, something like that would keep me up at night. Like when I had something to tell my husband but can't remember what it was.

Anonymous said...

You're too funny! Are you sure you don't have baby-brain?! That sounds like something I would do... but my handwriting is at least legible. ;)

Grandma T said...

Glad I could help you figure this out! I know it was bugging you!

Munchkins and Music said...

I still hand write my lists too. It's easier for me to stand in the kitchen and think of what I need, instead of sitting at the computer to type it. I'd probably forget stuff. But I have had those scribble moments too!

Deanna said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who has "chicken scratch" moments.

Mari said...

Of course it's red onion. Why didn't I see that the first time?

Laural Out Loud said...

Yes! The mystery has been solved.

Jaina said...

Well, type or maybe get a new pen ;)

Durante said...

Red Onion!!! Of course!!! I was aiming for Rum... but Red Onion is close :-)

Carol said...

Hooray the mystery is solved.

Now we can all sleep easy.

I'm glad it was delicious. It had to be after the onion confusion.

3boys247 said...

Glad to see you figured it out. That was funny. Sorry you had to have the tortellini salad without the red onion.

Unknown said...

That is too funny! I just was staring at the list on your other post. I was thinking carrots? Lol!
Glad you figured it out, that would bug me, too :)
PS-I don't type out my lists...

Pam said...

I love it! Glad you figured it out! HEy, do you have a PDA? I do, and thats what I put my list on. I put them in as tasks. So with every item I add, when I get it, I check it off and it dissapears! I LOVE IT! Also, it saves them so I don't have to retype them all. :) I just go UNCHECK the items as I need them so when I go shopping I can re-check it off... Happy POW!

mom2natnkatncj said...

I have the perfect thing for you. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I read that you didn't think you could be organized enough to type it out. Check out Cozi.com. They give you a calendar on your computer and a shopping list. You can type your items in or choose from a list and either print out the list or send it to your phone or PDA or whatever you'd like. I don't send it to myself because my cell phone is not used for anything, but phone calls, but I have printed out the lists. Perhaps this might help you. It's free and I've found the calendar to be most helpful, but the shopping list feature is nice too.

Susan said...

That is so funny! Hey, at least you make a list. I know some people who just go to the store and peruse the aisles waiting to come across the things they need. What??? I don't get it...that would drive me absolutely crazy!

Texasholly said...

I think you should be admitted to MENSA for figuring that one out. Whew.

Anonymous said...

I do that all the time. At least you had a happy ending. Happy POW!

McMommy said...

Ok, that was HILARIOUS. I seriously still can't make "red onion" out of that scribble, but I'll take your word for it!!