photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, July 25, 2008

Little elves at work.

I love my friend Jennifer and her family.

Last night, her husband stopped by on his way home from work. He surveyed the damage, declared he had a plan of attack, said that his equipment was ready, asked if he could have the wood and said he would be back after dinner to start working on the tree.

I just stood there with my mouth hanging open a little and said, "O.k."

My husband had been at work all day pondering how he would clean up the mess. He figured he would borrow my dad's chain saw, ask my brother to help and that it would probably take two days to do the job. And didn't have any idea what we were going to do with all that wood.

When he called on his way home from work and I told him Quinn was on the case, my husband was excited.

What my husband thought was going to take two days, literally only took ONE HOUR.

Quinn was like a kid in a candy shop sawing all that wood.

And my kids, Jennifer's kids and the two kids from next door were all scurrying around like little elves helping carry the small branches to the burn pile.

And the best part? Jennifer and I got to sit at the kitchen table and watch it all.

I knew I had picked the right spot for that trampoline.

The kids helping to pick up the limbs.

The kids on their way back from the burn pile to pick up more limbs.



My husband thinks we may be able to order replacement parts. I'm not so sure.


post signature

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeek it makes me cringe looking at it!

Mari said...

It was the perfect spot for the trampoline! I hope it can be fixed - it doesn't look too good though!

Sue Wilkey said...

Oh no! It's on goner. But don't you love those "I'l help you out" friends??

Maude Lynn said...

I don't think that they make replacement parts for THAT!

jennwa said...

You made Quinn's week. I know now, after every storm he will be looking in your back yard for any limbs he can use his chain saw on. It is not a weird chain saw psycho in your backyard, it is just my husband.

Unknown said...

All's well that ends well!

Except, for maybe the trampoline!

Your yard is amazingly beautiful! How I miss the green!

Jennifer said...

So sorry about your trampoline! At least you have good friends to help out!

Deanna said...

I think the only replacement kit is called a brand new trampoline. Wow! What damage. Love how your kids can make work look like fun though.

AlaneM said...

HA - you were right after all :)
Poor trampoline though, hopefully something can be done for it. I'm glad someone was able to use the wood. We've got to get cracking on that ourselves. Hubby declares we are heating primarily with wood this year but has done nothing about it yet. Hmmm...
Have a great weekend girl!

Jaina said...

I'm just glad no one was on it at the time. I wonder if you emailed the manufacturer a picture and complained about the sturdiness, couldn't even take a tiny ol' tree...

Anonymous said...

Wow... beautiful picture of the trampoline, I see his point, there are really only two (by the look of it) broken bars, and they might not be hard to replace... it looks worse than it really is. He must not hate it too much, that's a lot of work.

jaime said...

you mean trampoline's aren't covered under your homeowners insurance? FOR SHAME! Glad you got some time to relax, give the kids something to do...and your friend's hubby had some fun w/ a chainsaw. Great day!

Laural Out Loud said...

I love it when things fall into place like that! Did you friend's husband take the wood? Did you have a bonfire party?

Pam said...

All's well that ends well...unless you are the trampoline! Having a great neighbor and friend is such a blessing!