photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Dan and I were in the kitchen on Sunday evening cleaning up after dinner. Peter was stressed out about something. It was so minor that I don't even remember the details of what caused his worry.

Dan said, "I wish I could get him to understand that none of what he is worried about now is really that important. I was always stressed out about something as a little kid and looking back, I can now see that none of it really mattered. It seemed so big at the time and really it wasn't."

And my reply was, "The same could probably be said about all the things you worry about today. You really shouldn't be worried about any of it."

"Wow! That was really profound."

I know. But I guess I can't take credit for it.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

post signature

14 comments:

Texasholly said...

Soooooo true. BUT sooooo hard!

Deanna said...

My high school friends and I were talking about how we wish we could tell our kids what we have discovered about high school. How "fake" it really was. But, you can't. Everybody has to live it and make their own decisions. I guess that is what the personal relationship with God is all about.

jennwa said...

You are always so full of wisdom, I guess that is why I always hang out with you.

Anonymous said...

If only we would heed Paul's words to the Phillipians....how much sweeter life would be!!

Jaina said...

I think those are all words we should live by more often.

Mari said...

Great post and so true! I have to remind myslef of that at times!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

My absolute favorite verse!

AlaneM said...

Wow, that's so true!
It's all small stuff weather we think so or not.

Amanda said...

Maybe if we all read what Paul wrote to the Phillipians and Ephensians we would be happier and better people.

Rebekah said...

Great Scripture

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

My problem is that I subscribe to the 'if I worry about it, it won't happen' philosophy of life...absolutely drives my husband NUTS!!!

Christina said...

This is advice most of us could use. Thank you for the reminder.

Ann(ie) said...

SO true. So very very true. Beautiful reminder!

Anonymous said...

It's great advice! So true.

Happy 4th July! I hope you and the family had fun celebrating!
Bella :)