photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Be careful what you pray for. Because he just might get it!

When we got our trampoline this spring, my husband was less than thrilled for several reasons.

First of all, he didn't want to get it in the first place.

He thought it was a waste of money, that the kids wouldn't play with it, that it would just sit there unused, etc.

Second of all, he had to put it together.

That required the better part of a Sunday afternoon. And even though he got to use tools and walk around with his shirt off, he still had to build something that he didn't even want in the first place on a day he should have been relaxing.

And finally, he hated how it looked in the backyard.

He thought it looked tacky and thought if we had to have one, it would look better in the side yard.

But I wanted it in the backyard under our old and only trees. The trees would provide shade, the trampoline would be right beside our play set and I would be able to see the kids playing from the kitchen and the family room.

So under the old trees it went. Because usually, my husband lets me have what I want.

Dan continued to complain about how ugly it was and I continued to enjoy watching the kids and their friends playing from the comfort of my kitchen.

We've been praying for rain. It's been a long, hot, dry summer. And the expensive grass that we planted in the fall is not doing well at all.

We finally got two nights of storms with lots and lots of rain.

Hallelujah! Our prayers have been answered.

Hmmmmm. Apparently, my husband was praying for something else.


+

post signature

23 comments:

Annikke said...

Oh no. Is the trampoline ruined? When we moved a few months ago our new backyard wasn't set up for us to bring our tramp, it has 2 very large, old trees right in the center and a large deck on the side. Our kids were disappointed that we didn't bring the tramp, but seem to be adjusting...slowly!

Cynthia said...

No more trampoline, eh! Glad no one was hurt:)

Kellan said...

Oh My! I guess that is one way to get rid of the trampoline!

We have one too and I have never liked looking into the backyard at that big clunky thing - but, the kids do love it!

Have a good day - Kellan

Laural Out Loud said...

Trampolines make me so nervous, but kids love 'em. Yours must be so sad. Will you replace it, or is it a goner forever?

Deanna said...

God works in mysterious ways!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! So glad no one was hurt!

Heather said...

Oh Beth! I hate that that happened. More importantly I'm glad that a tree that size didn't do more damage.

Lisa said...

Dang - that STINKS! And your poor tree. Is everyone alright? Our neighbors & my inlaws both lost two trees in a storm Monday morning. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Poor kiddies.

At least you got a funny blog post out of it!

Jaina said...

Oh no! That doesn't look good. Everyone is okay, right? Did it bend the frame?

Amy Wyatt said...

Oh my goodness. I hope your kids aren't too disappointed. We just got a new swing set and my kids would die if a tree fell on it.
Haven't been able to visit lately because of our summer schedule but I left you an award over on my site. Come by to see.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Our trampoline wrapped itself around a tree in a storm. I don't know which is worse. I tried to order a couple replacement parts from Jumpking. I had to order a whole new frame. Was supposed to take 3 weeks. 3 weeks later, I called. On backorder for 6 weeks. 6 weeks later I called. On a boat from China - will be here in 4 weeks. 5 weeks later I called again. Got a stinking voicemail and still haven't heard back. Am so stinking mad. Could have bought a new one by now, but definitely would not buy a jumpking based on this treatment.

KEEP BELIEVING

Unknown said...

I am sorry...both for your trampoline and because I laughed at the line about what you hubby was praying for and the picture underneath it.

I'm sad you trampoline is ruined, but I needed a laugh!

Anonymous said...

My Father broke his leg on a trampoline growing up, so I missed out on this fundamental joy of growing up. It looks terribly smashed. At least it rained... I've looked at trampolines where they are underground so it's at ground level, I'm a little more tempted by that. Poor children, lucky Husband.

Mari said...

Oh no! Poor kids! I bet your husbands not happy either, because of the loss of the tree.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

PERFECT!!!! That is just perfect! Really.

jaime said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! that just sucks!

but the hubby has to take it apart now huh? Me thinks his job is not YET done! lol

jennwa said...

I still can not believe how that looked.

Sue Wilkey said...

That is funny and sad simultaneously. Which is hard to do. I think I would be the most upset because whenever my kids drive me crazy I say 'go out and jump on the tramp!!!"

AlaneM said...

OMGosh, that is sooooo funny!
Did he give you a big "I tol you so!"?
Mine totally would.

I agree about putting it where you can easily see it though. That's my biggest beef with this house. Unless my kids are directly in front of the house, I have to go outside to check on them.
K-that sounds lazy but that's me I guess :)
Sorry you lost!!

the dragonfly said...

Oh my!

Well...at least you got rain, right?

:)

Rebekah said...

OUch! We lost our trampoline during a storm too. But gee your grass looks green

Tenakim said...

Wow! That was some kind of rain! My husband is the same way- he won't let us get a playset for the yard since he thinks it'll look tacky- so we got a damn dog!