photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Compromise.

On the way home from church this morning, my husband asked what I wanted to do this afternoon.

Thoughts of a pedicure and a leisurely stroll through Target crossed my mind but I knew that wasn't what he meant.

My husband wanted to go to the pool.

My son wanted to play mini-golf.

I didn't want to do either of those things. I take the kids to the pool every day of the week and after a while, it gets old. And it was 93 degrees this afternoon so playing mini-golf wasn't high on my list either.

So we compromised. We played mini-golf AND we went to the pool.

But to be fair to my husband, he did offer to take the kids to do both of those things and said I could do whatever I wanted to do - by myself.

But as much as I would like a pedicure and a leisurely stroll (alone) through Target, I also like to do things with my family.

So, I pasted a smile on my face and headed to the golf course. And it was worth it.

Peter got a hole-in-one and his excitement was priceless.

And I was able to finish my book club book at the pool. And for me that's priceless. Because that means on Tuesday night -book club night - I get a night off.

Compromise.

It's all good.

post signature

15 comments:

Mari said...

It sounds like a good compromise! When Dad and the kids are happy - Mom usually is too! And - you got your book read!

Brittany said...

Ahh yes, compromise. I did that today, too, and went to the pool as well. :)

Suburban Correspondent said...

But, what's the book?

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean- I want time to myself but I also don't want to miss out on family time.

Finishing your book while at the pool with the family sounds like the perfect compromise.

Deanna said...

Compromise is the name of the Mom game! That and a couple of other names.

Christina said...

Glad to hear it turned out to be an awesome family day, I love when this happens, we do somehing we don't want to do and then it turns out to be the best day..

Corey~living and loving said...

sounds like it turned out good for everyone. :) I would LOVE to kick back by the pool and read...sounds GREAT!

Cynthia said...

Good for you!

Laural Out Loud said...

My husband is willing to take my daughter to do stuff so I can have some alone time, but most of the time, I'm like you. I'd rather be with my family even if I'm not entirely keen on the plan. I've never regretted it! And it makes that alone time all the more precious when I do get it.

Grandma T said...

Compromise....now that's a good word. My sweet husband is so good at it! Happy Day!

Unknown said...

Sounds like all's well that ends well!

And I hole in one!!! That alone would have been worth the sacrifice! So glad you didn't miss it.

Jaina said...

Sounds like a good compromise to me. I'm sure your family loved that you came with them. You'll get your pedicure and stroll through Target soon I hope.

4funboys said...

that sounds like what motherhood is supposed to be all about... good for you.

AlaneM said...

What a good mamma, I'd have taken off for sure!!

carrie said...

Glad the whole compromise thing is working for you -- right now, I am in desperate need of my end of the whole compromise thing after being a good sport about everything for the past 9 days! I need my turn, waaaaaaah!

Sorry for the whining. It won't happen again.