photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Overheard in Wal-Mart this morning....

"$%">#@$%@@!!!!!$$$%%%%%"

And guess who was saying this?

Um, that would have been me.

Well, I guess technically I wasn't saying it but I sure was thinking it.

As I was shopping the aisles of Wal-Mart this morning, I stopped when I noticed several large display boxes full of booklets by Kraft entitled "Simple Mealtime Ideas".

Well, I'm all about simple mealtime ideas. So I grabbed one.

And as soon as I touched the box, at least (and I'm not exaggerating, not too much anyway) 100 possibly 200 of these little booklets fell out of the display box and landed right at my feet.

And that's when I thought,

"$%">#@$%@@!!!!!$$$%%%%%"

So I did what any good shopper would do. I bent down and started picking them up.

And as I as splayed out over the booklets picking them up, a lady walked past me and stopped.

"Oh how sweet!" I thought. "She's going to stop and help me."

And as she got closer she said, "Could you hand me one of those booklets? I want to see what they're all about."

And as I was handing her the booklet from my spot on the floor, I couldn't help but think,

"$%">#@$%@@!!!!!$$$%%%%%"

post signature

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

She probably thought you were the pamphlet lady - too funny!

Brittany said...

oh man! And you didn't chuck it at her head? That is good self-control! :)

Deanna said...

"Sure! I think yours is at the bottom of the pile!"

Deanna said...

P.S. Did you pick up any extras for a cool giveaway?

Mari said...

Good for you for picking them up. Some people would have kept walking!

Carol said...

Too funny. I would have done exactly the same.

Vocally I never swear but in my head, to myself, it is a frequent occurrence.

jaime said...

what nerve! talk about a rude woman- but i'm not surprised. That must've been embarrassing, and I could see that happening to me...too bad no one was nice enough to help! geeeeeez.

Anonymous said...

I love going to wal-mart... It always brings out my latent agression and desire to strangle people. I'm glad it's not just me, I was starting to develop a complex. And about that old lady... *grabs notepad* where did you say you burried her?

jennwa said...

You should have said," No, get it yourself, I am not as sweet as I look."

Kelly said...

Oh wow, that is awful!

Maude Lynn said...

You've got to be kidding me!

Shirley Mary said...

Hi, Beth!
I "tagged" you!
Please come to my blog to get directions.

mary

Rebekah said...

How rude! She could have at least bent down to get one herself (since she couldn't help pick them up)

Tenakim said...

I just scoured your archives and learned that we have much in common! Chik Fil A fries- too potatoe-y, love September- born in September, love Thursdays -same reason- must see tv - way back when. I always have a neat house, not always CLEAN- I freak with chucks of toothpaste in the sink, and sooo did not want any pets at all for the exact same reasons as you. We just got one and I (and you) were right- you don't want one. I gave in because I felt I owed something to my kids!

Those were fun posts and the 'comment' suggestion worked- thanks!!!

MadMad said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I'm familiar with the Walmart idioms, of course, but that non-helping lady just takes the cake!

Unknown said...

nice. She could have at least bent over and picked up one for herself!

I really dislike Wal-mart. It's a love/hate relationship actually.

But I really dislike Wal-mart on a weekend!

Kay Martin said...

Yes, we are all in process. Maybe I don't say it but I still think it. Jesus said that was as bad.

One day we will glide through the oops of life without any sweat!

Anonymous said...

I would have been extemely difficult for me not to keep my mouth shut! I probably would've given the woman (not lady) a look to let her know she was rude! What nerve!

Tina said...

Oh, that was wrong! Tsk tsk tsk.

Jaina said...

Oh how rude! But at least you're better than a lot of people and didn't walk away and pretend you didn't do that.