photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Heart Shaped Cupcakes

It's Wednesday again so it must be time for Works For Me Wednesday. I thought I would share this neat tip with everyone that I got from a great little cookbook entitled Not Just Beans.

This cookbook is written by Tawra Kellam who publishes a newsletter which you can sign up for on her website at Living on a Dime . Tawra and her mom are chock full of frugal tips and hints for living a frugal lifestyle.

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, many of you are probably scurrying around trying to get ready for a party at your beloved offspring's school. If you are in charge of bringing the sweets, you may want to try baking heart shaped cupcakes. If you don't have a heart shaped tin and don't want to buy one, you may want to try this little tip:

Place a marble between the muffin tin and the cupcake liner. Fill half full with cake batter and bake as usual and tah-dah...the result will be heart shaped cupcakes! (I was thinking that if you didn't have any marbles laying around then this should work with small stones about the same weight and size as a marble.)

For more hints, tips, tricks and all around good advice, head on over to Don't Try This At Home who is hosting Works For Me Wednesday while Shannon is in Africa blogging about all the needy children in Uganda...go Shannon!

post signature

11 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Another brilliant Beth idea. Thank you!!

Heidi :)

Not Your Regular Mini Van Mom said...

Great idea Beth, thanks for sharing...my kids will have a Martha Stewart Valentines day after all LOL

Tracy said...

So jealous of anyone who has time to make these! I have to teach all day today and tomorrow! BOO HOO! Happy Valentine's Day and have an extra cup cake for me (eating cupcakes might need to be tip #13 for ways not to lose 12 pounds)

Annie said...

Great tip!
We've been cutting out heart cookies and brownies!
I'm going to try this!

Megan Cobb said...

I can't see for the life of me how that would work, but I believe you! I have a year-old but still never-seen-the-inside-of-an-oven heart-shaped muffin tin but do you think I'll drag myself in that kitchen and use it? No. Mama has reached new heights of laziness. Sigh!

Mari said...

What a good idea! I would have never thought of such an easy thing!

Maude Lynn said...

Seriously? I have GOT to try this!

girlymom said...

I just posted a whole list of helpful tips, I didn't even remember that today was Wednesday, I'll have to work on that~ oops.

Love cupcakes, this could be serious trouble.

tommie said...

I just posted the easiest treats for a preschool class party ever!

We made the heart shaped cupcakes earlier this week for muffin monday. Note: spray the pan! Duh!

Anonymous said...

That is great. I actually have a dozen heart shaped cupcake tins, but I have baking, taking them out & filling again. This way I could do them all at once. LOVE IT!

Totallyscrappy said...

I did this one year for my students, but instead of marbles I used little balls of aluminum foil. Worked well.
Great tip... I hope you had some yummy cupcakes!