photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, February 21, 2008

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

On Valentine's Day, I read countless posts where the bloggers were waxing poetic about their husband's love for them and their love for their husbands and I wrote about this. So, you know there aren't a lot of flowers, candy and poetry being dispensed at my house.

But it doesn't matter, because I know that my husband loves me, truly loves me. And if my husband ever has any question about how much I truly love him, he should now be convinced that my love knows no bounds because...

I have recorded both nights of American Idol and have not watched them yet!

Dan has been in Ireland all week and won't be back until Friday night. So I am waiting on him to return before I watch the shows.

He was in France on another business trip three weeks ago and I watched AI all by myself. Well, savored AI is probably more accurate.

I do love American Idol. I love American Idol the way I used to love Melrose Place and Beverly Hills, 90210, and Friends and Seinfeld. My devotion to the show is deep....I honestly don't think I have ever missed an episode. We used to record it on our VCR if we weren't going to be home.

Egads! Did she just say VCR? What's that?

Thank goodness we have a DVR now. I love the DVR.

Um, where was I?

Anyway, a few weeks ago, when he was he was gone I watched the show...both nights. It gave me something to do in his absence. When he got home he asked me if I had watched it. When I told him that not only had I watched it but that I had deleted it from the DVR I could tell he was a little dejected...or maybe he was a little annoyed. Whatever his emotion, I felt like a heel.

So I decided that I would show my true love and devotion for him and record the shows so that we could watch them this weekend together. That means I can't dish about AI with my BFF, my mom, or my friends on the blogosphere, until next week and well, by then, this week's episode will be so last week that it won't even matter.

Now if that ain't true love folks, I don't know what is.

post signature

19 comments:

the dragonfly said...

That really is love. :)

Steph said...

How sweet! I can't relate to the AI buzz, but I still know that your sacrifice is huge!

Anonymous said...

huh?? VCR?? pray tell, what IS that? :) lol.

We don't watch AL -- for us the big show to watch together is project runway. I have such a manly husband, but he loves project runway for some reason! hah! ;)

Anonymous said...

oh I meant to also add a thank you for dropping by blissfully domestic!! :)
-Ali the foodie chick @ blissfully domestic

Megan Cobb said...

Now THAT is a sweet sacrifice, lovey!

And... we STILL have a VCR. And I STILL can't get it to record what I want it to.

Mama is pathetic.

M

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I lost my luster for AI when Chris Daughty got voted off. Boo Hoo! Haven't watched much since.
Your devotion is truly heart-warming, though. tee hee
KEEP BELIEVING

Tracy said...

That is so cute! I love AI too, so I completely understand!

Kellan said...

Aren't you sweet to do that!? I love AI - LOVE IT! Enjoy watching it together this weekend - that will certainly be something to look forward to - not to mention seeing you hubby - oh yeah! Take care Beth - see you later. Kellan

Laura said...

Ahhhh...TV love.
Lots of that in my abode too. What do you watch for HIS sake?
any sports?
any "news" shows?
I've been watching AI. I like many of the girls...especially tattoo girl.

Anonymous said...

Romance certainly changes as we get older doesn't it?

The only thing my husband and I can agree on is food network, but last week he did watch Housewives of Orange County with me.

Annikke said...

This made me laugh so hard!

I clicked back to see what you posted about on Valentine's day and laughed so incredibly loud I think my neighbors heard me! ;o)

It is true love for you to be waiting to watch those shows! You are so sweet!

Bonnie said...

Wow you are devoted !! ( to your husband !! )

jennwa said...

What we do for love. It is more fun watching it together anyway.

I hope Dan knows your love for him makes me suffer. I have to bite my tongue not to talk about AI with you.

the mother of this lot said...

That would make a great 'Love Is..' cartoon!

LindaSue said...

OK I need to be checking in here more frequently because Your Valentine's Day was the BEST! I love it to the max. I hate to tell you because you might never be my bloggy friend but we don't watch AI anymore - last season finished us off. Sanjaya was kind of the last straw - DH doesn't like all the mean things said.
BUT - since this isn't about me - you obviously are the highest kind of woman a true Proverbs 31 kinda gal to wait on watching AI with your husband - yes you are.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Most definitely TRUE LOVE...

My husband and I show our love for each other that way by taping 'The Office' or '30Rock'...then we have our date on the couch while eating something very fattening.

Brittany said...

AW that is SWEET! :) Our hubbies seem to go out of town at the same time! Mine however leaves, when yours returns! Oy!

Jen said...

It's the little things that matter most :)

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Beth,

That my friend is true love and devotion!!! My dh & I have a standing rule that we can't watch our favorite shows (AI, LOST, Biggest Looser, Survivor). It has sort of become our "time" together.

You go Girl!

Melissa

PS - Glad you got rid of the VCR...DVR is the best and soooo much easier.