photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, February 4, 2008

100 Things About Me...Part 4...Praise the Lord It's Over!

I can see the end so let's just do it!

76. I used to love dolphins. Well, I guess I still like them but about 12 years ago, I was fascinated by them. The first gift my husband ever got me was a framed dolphin print. I had always wanted to swim with the dolphins and I finally got the chance on our honeymoon. We went to Cancun and took a daytrip to Xel-ha. This was the most beautiful place I have ever been. I got to get into a lagoon with dolphins while they swam and did tricks around me. I tried to grab on to one of them as it was swimming past so that it could pull me through the lagoon but apparently that wasn't allowed. People started blowing whistles and yelling, "Do not grab the dolphins! Do not grab the dolphins." Whoops!

77. I love cafeteria food. In fact, I blame my freshman 15 on the fact that I had a meal pass that allowed me to eat as much food as I wanted three times a day. I was amazed at the sheer volume of food in that cafeteria. Luckily, I was able to quickly shed the weight when I moved into an apartment and was required to do my own cooking. Perhaps I should try a diet of tuna sandwiches and frozen meals to help me loose my current excess weight? Hmmm...Nah...my husband and kids might object!

78. I like my husband's family. I know so many people that don't get along with their in-laws but I don't have that problem. I consider myself very lucky after some of the things I read on other blogs.

79. We did not have air conditioning when I was growing up. I live in the South and wonder now, how we ever did it. I like it hot but I guess I like it hot with the option to quickly cool down!

80. I am a Google fanatic! I believe that if you have a question, you can find an answer on Google. Wish I owned stock...

81. I had a miscarriage in November of 2006. I was only 9 weeks pregnant but I still think about that little baby almost every day. He's going to be waiting for me when I get to heaven...

82. I have a brown thumb. I have a really hard time getting house plants to grow. For instance, my sister-in-law gave me a wonderful rosemary plant and in less than two months, I have killed it. I keep watering it thinking it will come back to life but right now it looks like Charlie Brown's pathetic Christmas tree. There a little rosemary needles everywhere! Sorry, Cathy!

83. I hate chain letter emails. Please don't ever send me anything that says, "Please forward this to 10 people in the next 10 minutes or your life will be ruined." Can't stand those things! Why do people continue to forward them on?

84. I also hate those WARNING emails. Please do not forward me any emails warning me of a horrible things that are going on in the world without first checking it out on http://www.snopes.com/. 99.9% of the time, Snopes will confirm that it is nothing more than a hoax.

85. I have a huge fear of heights. I first realized this when I was about 8. My parents took us to the Mile High Swinging Bridge. It is 228 foot suspension bridge at Grandfather Mountain. We had to walk up a bunch of steps to get to the bridge and then we walked across the bridge to watch hang gliders glide off the mountain.

The bridge was blowing ever so slightly in the wind. I was scared to death. When we made it to the other side of the bridge I decided that I would just sit on the rocks and watch the hang gliders for the rest of my life. There was no way I was going back across that bridge. My parents finally coaxed me back across and I haven't been the same since.

About 10 years ago, I had a business meeting in Monterrey, California. I flew into San Francisco and spent the weekend sight seeing there. On Sunday, I drove Highway 1 up the Pacific Coast to Monterrey. I hear the scenery is beautiful but I wouldn't know. I was so scared driving along the cliffs that I couldn't even take my eyes of the road. I drove well below the speed limit the entire way. I had traffic backed up and wanted to pull over at one of the scenic overlooks to let everyone pass, butI knew that if I stopped I would be too scared to start again. So I kept going at my snails pace until I finally arrived. It really annoys me that I let my fear of heights get in the way of enjoying such beauty which I may never get the chance to see again.

86. I do not have an iPod. I haven't seen the need for one since I think most people use them when they are working out and since I don't work out...

87. I have never had any broken bones or any surgery...unless you count the two C-sections I had.

88. I attempted breastfeeding with both of my kids and I hated every minute of it. I breastfed Peter for 2 months and cried the entire time. I'm not sure if it was post-partum blues but I know that as soon as I allowed myself to give Peter a bottle I felt so much better. I thought it would be different with Sarah so I tried to breasfeed her but it only lasted for 1 month. I greatly admire women who are able to breastfeed and at times still feel inadequate for not being able to do it longer.


89. My eyes fly open two minutes before my alarm goes off. This happens every single morning.


90. My oldest and dearest friend is Tanya. We met in the 7th grade but our friendship really blossomed in the 10th grade. We were roommates all through college and even after college until she got married. We even both worked at the same company for 10 years until I got laid off. And just like me, she met her husband at this company!


91. It took me five years to graduate college. But in my defense, I did have a part time job for 4 of those 5 years.


92. I worked at a copy/printing shop for 2 years in college. I really knew my way around a high speed copier back then! Then I got a real job at IBM. I thought I was hot stuff because I was making $8.50 an hour...don't laugh! That was 1990 so I think $8.50 an hour was pretty good for back then.


93. I saw Hootie and the Blowfish at a frat party in 1992. (Their album Cracked Rear View didn't come out until 1994.) I remember thinking, these guys are good but I wish they would sing some cover tunes because all they sang were their own songs. I also saw Bare Naked Ladies at a little club in Charlotte about two years before they were famous. I used to be so cutting edge. Now I'm just edgy.


94. I love that when I look out of my front windows I can see horse pasture with three horses and a dilapidated old red barn. And I love that when I look out my back windows I can see the roof of my BFF's house.


95. I love to blog. It makes me happy. I don't scrapbook. I don't exercise. I don't take photographs. I don't paint. I blog. But I don't like to tell people that I have a blog. I feel like a big dork when I talk about blogging in real life, especially if the people I am talking to don't have a blog or don't read blogs.

96. I am Pro-Life and I am against the death penalty.

97. I try to start the day and end the day in prayer. And I pray a lot in between too. I am not a worrier and I don't fret. If I have a problem, I give it to God and let him take care of it.

98. I do not like to play games with my kids. I will read to them, do crafts with them, play with them at the park but I do not like to play board games, play with toys or play with dolls. I hope my children will forgive me when they are older. But don't feel too bad for my kids. I schedule a lot of play dates so they can have fun with their friends and they have learned to play by themselves which I think is a good thing.

99. I have always wanted to go on the Amazing Race with my husband. But I doubt I will ever be brave enough to apply. With my horrible sense of direction, fear of heights, inability to drive a stick shift, noncompetitive nature, irritable bowel and laid back attitude we would never make it past the first leg of the race any way!

100. I think I gave you more than one thing about me in #99 so I think I have finished.

If you read all 100 Things About Me, I commend you! I hope you feel like you know me a little better now and will continue to visit my blog.

I am just glad to be finished!







post signature

19 comments:

Tina said...

I love cafeteria food!
I did not have air conditioning in school from 6th - 12th grade, how did I survive in the South??
I google.
The brown thumb thing, that sounds gross btw, but I have it too, I can kill any plant!
I hate chain emails.
I believe in consulting snopes - I wish I could convince all of my friends to do it - they bug me with their forwards!
Don't feel bad about the breastfeeding, it's not for everyone...what matters is happy healthy baby AND MOM!

So much in common!!

Maude Lynn said...

"I used to be so cutting edge. Now I'm just edgy."

You should put that on a t-shirt; that's hilarious!

Not Your Regular Mini Van Mom said...

You are so funny Beth. Thanks for the evening laugh. PS..I hate board games with the kids too, I let their Nana do that with them:)

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi, Beth!

I think you did a great job with your 100 list! You are a very interesting person who has/is living a very interesting life! I can so relate to the fear of heights, I can feel my stomach dropping just thinking about it! My parents took my sister and I on those italian bob things that hang between mountains for sightseeing, along with feeling claustrophobic I definitely remember it being the moment I became terrified of heights. (Do you think my parents knew your parents?) :)

Lizzy

Brittany said...

I loooove loooove lovvvvve your 100 list! We have so much in common, it's insane. I'm glad you stuck it out and made it all the way to 100. I wonder if I could think of 100 things about myself?

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Things in common - 78, 80, 83, 84, 95, 96, 97. Sorry about your miscarriage. We did in-vitro twice and it failed twice. I have 2 adopted kids, so I don't know if I would have been able to breast feed. My sister tried and hated it. She also had a C-section. I don't know if I would have had to have one. I am pretty small.

I am envious of your BNL experience. They are one of my all time favs.
KEEP BELIEVING

Corey~living and loving said...

I read them all...and like you even more. :) we have a lot in common.

Scribbit said...

No ipod? Wow, the last American hold out :) No air conditioning here--at all.

Pam said...

I am totally with you on the forwarded email thing. I just shake my head and wonder how people can fall for this stuff.

I have killed two rosemary plants. My inlaw's neighbor has a wonderful rosemary bush. Twice, she has given me a hunk of it to plant in my yard, and twice I have killed it. Now, I just go grab a hunk off her bush when I need some, like at Thanksgiving. She doesn't mind, and the bush produces way more than she could ever use.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Very fun list. If I commented on all that I'd like to, I'd be hijacking your blog, so just know I enjoyed it.

jennwa said...

Yeah you did it, all 100. I do not like those email things either. They really annoy me too.

girlymom said...

You are very brave and dedicated to do a whole list of 100! It's nice to meet you. We have quite a bit in common.

Melissa said...

Don't feel bad about the breastfeeding. It is suppose to be good for the baby and help bond you with them. If it is a horrible experience then the bonding is hurting. I wanted to breatfeed too, but my daughter did not like the milk and wouldn't eat. She bairly 8 lbs at 3 months. I finally stopped cause she was underweight and I had such a hard time trying to keep my supply up. As soon as I did she started gaining weight. To this day I will still try to feed her breast milk I have frozen...she wont take it.
So don't worry. I feel bad for women would kick themselves about breastfeeding. Good for you for stopping and you had your reasons for stopping and your children are amazing.

Family Adventure said...

You did it! I can relate to the brown thumb...though mine is more of the blackish hue!!

Have a good day,

Heidi

Annikke said...

I hear ya on the breastfeeding thing, although I did it and I survived I just about cried everytime the babies wanted to eat! I nursed my first one for 7 months, the second one for 5 months and the last poor child only got 12 weeks!

Chelle' said...

Beth- I love that you finished them. GOOD FOR YOU! I have been thinking about redoing mine ever since Joanne (from "Blessed...") did hers as I realized mine are quite outdated... but the idea of thinking through it all again is too overwhelming.

ALl that to say- GREAT JOB!!! And I think I'm with everyone on this... I'm a sucker for cafeteria food too!!!

As for your daughter and Hannah Montana... I'm not sure how it all happened for Kylee but she REALLY REALLY REALLY likes H.M. to the point that when we couldn't get actual concert tickets she cried her little eyes out. Aweeee.

Talk to you later friend.

Christy said...

I didn't think you could top the Clinton story but I have to say the last 50 were better than the first 50. I loved the dolphin & bridge stories. Very Funny!!

Laura said...

I had to say hi to someone else who is trying to give up the bad words for lent (saw it on Cris's blog)...dropped a rod on my toe last night (Ash Wed.) and already blew it...hopefully, you will be more disciplined. I will have to need to have soap nearby to wash out my mouth.
* I hate "trick" chain mails when the sender deletes the FWD and you open something you think is a special little something just for you...but no...its for a ZILLION other people...:)

Steph said...

I loved reading "all about you"...great list! I could relate to several things in each of your lists. Hootie and the Blowfish - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!