photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Let's hug it out.

Last week as we were leaving Jennifer's house, her son, Colton, climbed into the back of our car to give Peter a hug. My son was already strapped into his car seat so they ended up just kind of putting their heads together and then waving good-bye.


Note to Dan - Honey, do not panic! This does not mean that Peter is gay! It just means that he is too young to know that as a male he is supposed to feel uncomfortable expressing his emotions. There is still plenty of time to teach him that men should only hug if they have just won the World Series.


Yesterday as we were leaving, he came running up to give Peter another hug and once again it was the same strapped in the car, heads together, then wave, kind of hug they shared previously.


As he hopped out of the car, Sarah looked at me and said, "I want Colton to give me a hug too!" Sarah asks for anything her brother gets whether she really wants it or not.


I asked Colton if he would give Sarah a hug too. He came running over to her side of the car and gave her a hug. As Colton was leaving her side of the car, Sarah looked at him with a little twinkle in her eyes. I wanted to tell Colton to run fast and hard but before I could, he turned and came over to me, grabbed me around my legs and gave me a tight squeeze.


Aw, shucks! I love that kid.


Jennifer, you are doing something right, girl! Keep up the good work.


post signature

15 comments:

jennwa said...

He is a good kid. And I wish I could take the credit but he just came out that way.
He is also a sweet talker, so beware. He knows just how to butter you up when he wants to. I know something is coming when I hear how I am the prettiest girl he has ever seen.

Daisy said...

I just awarded you the Excellent Blog award! Go check it out. http://allsquietonthehomefront.blogspot.com/2008/02/im-verklempt.html

Melissa said...

NOw that is just cute! But it is soo true...men don't open up. We use to have a dog, who is not longer with us, and it has hurt us both, but complete broken my husbands heart, but when anyone asks him about it...he gets all macho and no-big-deal like and says "oh its okay" it drives me nuts.

Brittany said...

aw a good hug never hurt any man! :)

I think it's sweet! :)

Jen said...

Awww. Little kid hugs are the best.

Annikke said...

How sweet!!! :o)

Jen said...

I loved the disclaimer to your hubby! He sounds like mine :)

Too sweet. Better enjoy those little boy hugs while we can!

Don Mills Diva said...

So sweet and I loved your note to hubby. It's so silly but when my son is being all rambunctious hubby jokes that with all that testosreone obviously he's not gay (except he's only half joking!) - whatever!

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwwwwwww I just love kids. nearly ALL of them. :)

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

I came here from Teaching This Mommy's blog. There's lot of hugs in my family. It's a great way to be!!

Chelle' said...

I know everyone is saying "Awe" because of the kids... but I have to hand you a HILARIOUS!!!! for the disclaimer to your husband.

I can't even stand how very funny this post was.

And yes, the kids were cute too. (wink-wink)

Kellan said...

What a sweet story - I loved it! Have a good weekend Beth - see you soon. Kellan

the dragonfly said...

That is very sweet, I love that kids are so open about sharing their feelings. I threaten my husband all the time that bad things will happen if he ever tells our son "real men don't cry"!!!

:)

Huse Yo Mama said...

You busted me. I'm reading your blog. :-) You're hilarious!!! Thanks for the good linking material.

Musings of a Housewife said...

So cute! Hey, did you ever get the Pores No More? What do you think?