photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, February 15, 2008

Oh no, she did not just ask me that!

Sarah must have preschooler PMS again. Every afternoon this week around 3:00 she has become unbearable. I have to walk on eggshells to prevent a major breakdown. Peter has taken to hiding so he doesn't have to endure the wrath of Sarah scorned and Dan,well he's just lucky to be at work at times like this.

Yesterday around 5:00, I'm not sure exactly what happened. I'm not sure if Peter accidentally called her 'Sarah' instead of her preferred pseudonym, 'Baby Anna'; or if I didn't let her help with something that I didn't even know she wanted to help me with in the first place; or perhaps, maybe one of the five hair clips she insisted I put in her hair that morning finally came loose and fell out. But whatever the cause, the whining, the crying, the short temper, the moaning, all finally reached a peak yesterday afternoon.

She was lying on the kitchen floor at my feet, rolling around in seeming pain. The very fake cries reached their climax and the very real whines reached their zenith when she abruptly stopped, looked up at me and said, "Mommy, do you remember what I was crying about?"

Oh no she didn't!

But yes, friends, she really did! She actually asked me what she was crying about.

I laughed at her because at this point, she had been 'crying' for so long I couldn't remember either. And, of course, that brought on more fake tears and more fake whining.

But really, what's a mother to do if you can't laugh at your kids every now and then? Because the laughter is the only thing that keeps me from crying!

post signature

29 comments:

Tina said...

That is so funny!
You'll have to think of something to tell her next time...
Sorry she's having meltdowns everyday, I know the feeling.

Chelle' said...

That's so Kylee. My daughter hasn't come out with the question yet but she has more than hit her zeniths.

I love that you laughed in response to her question. I know that would have been my first immediate response as well.

Here's to leaving this all as a distant memory... soon.

Jen said...

Snort! That is so true. We have to kaugh. We just have to.

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness!!!That is hilarious!!!
I would have laughed in her face... what a little stinker!

Huse Yo Mama said...

That is hilarious! I need to bookmark this story for Lorelai in a few years. What am I thinking....a few WEEKS!!!!

Annikke said...

THAT is hilarious!!!

Laughing at my kids sometimes is all I can do to keep from crying too!

Mari said...

That is so funny - glad she gave you a laugh.

Anonymous said...

I've been there..done that...got that t-shirt...or, at least, my daughter has!! It's too funny, it definitely broke the atmosphere!

One day it will all be a distant memory- I promise!!

I have moved to WordPress...you can find me here
http://bellamocha.wordpress.com

Ann(ie) said...

AMEN girlfriend. We definitely have to laugh. My tired lil guy had a ginourmous meltdown today because there was a cheerio stuck to his finger. *shaking head* He's blissfully napping now. ;)

Megan Cobb said...

Been a lot of whining and crying and melting down here, too. Spring... we need spring.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my heavens....that is quite possibly the funniest thing I read in a long long time.

kids...and their fake crying. sigh.

shay said...

Oh the drama of it all. I know exactly what you're talking about. I have too such diva's living at my house. Sometimes I react better than others lol.
Sounds like you have some great humour in you:)

I'm new to your blog but I'll be back!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Sounds like she is related to my girls!

That's hilarious. Yeah...they don't call it the witching hour for nothin' ya know. ;)

Badness Jones said...

That's a hilarious story! It reminds me of when my little sister was about that age...no matter where we went she would cry and whine that she wanted to go home. I guess it just became a habit, because one day she was whining and crying, "I want to go home! I want to go home!" and suddenly she looked around and she stopped - she was in our own kitchen!

Bonnie said...

Oh man ... such a familiar story ! I'm getting ready to post about our walk home from school yesterday. You'll have to stop by later and check it out. It may make you feel "better" ... of course, laughing about the situation may have already done that !! Gotta love our little girls !

jennwa said...

That is too funny. I would have been laughing too.

Maude Lynn said...

That's hysterical! And, I don't know what the deal is, but the preschooler PMS seems to be going around!

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

My kind of girl!

(I've had to *ahem* ask Hubs that same question during my bouts with PMS.)

the dragonfly said...

Gotta love it! How funny.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Now that's hilarious!! Kids are so funny sometimes.

Tracy said...

What would be the boy version of this? What ever it is...my 3 year old son has it! Maybe preschool mid-life crisis?

Jen said...

That's so awesome. My boys try the fake whine/cries all the time. I usually have to laugh, which makes them mad and causes them to really cry/whine. What a vicious cycle!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
And just wait until that Preschool PMS turns to teenage PMS...scary times it is! LOL

Jenny Grace said...

Ooh that's something. what did you tell her?

junglemama said...

How funny! Can you say Drama queen? ;)

Edi said...

I just have one of each - but I must say based on my experiences - girls can be very dramatic!

girlymom said...

Oh that is too funny!

I have put a child in the "naughty chair" or "timeout" and left them there..."mom~ can I get out yet" "Out of where?" "the naughty chair, I'm reaaaalllllly sorry!" "Why are you sorry?"

(~because mommy not only forgot you in the chair, but can't remember why you are there to begin with!)

Cammie said...

Oh no she didn't!

Gotta love toddlers!

Anonymous said...

So funny, and so exactly like my oldest daughter.

The younger one really has not learned to throw a tantrum yet. She just quietly places herself down on the floor. I am sure she will figure it out soon.