photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Quick conversation with Sarah on turning four.

Sarah: Mommy?

Me: Yes, sweetheart?

Sarah: I thought you said I was going to be four today.

Me: You are four today sweetheart. It's your birthday. Remember?

Sarah: Yes. But I still feel like the same me as yesterday.

I could only chuckle when she said that. Not sure how she was expecting to feel but she seemed a little disappointed that she had not experienced some grand transformation over night.

I, however, am glad she was exactly the same as she was the day before.

post signature

15 comments:

Texasholly said...

What a sweetie. These things are so hard to explain. My four year old's birthday is in two weeks and for the last 5 months every morning he asks, "is today my birthday". every day.

the dragonfly said...

Aww...sweet. My little one turns ONE tomorrow...he won't care a whit, but I'm certainly going to be feeling a change!

Mari said...

How cute! In a few yearsw she will be glad she still feels the same!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

that is so very sweet.... my boy's are four now, and drive me crazy when we go to a friends b.day party asking me over and over again when are they going to be five and I tell them you just turned four yesterday or wait it was three months ago, time goes by so fast :) I love her honest question.. stay the same?

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

:)

My dh's grandmother turns 90 today... and my ds turns 3 tomorrow. Lots-o-birthdays about.

Happy Sarah's Birthday to you!

AlaneM said...

How cute is that?
My Sam turns 6 on Sunday. He has asked me every day for the last 2 months..."Mom, am I 6 yet?" Now he's up to about 346 times a day.
Yup, just a tad excited about getting older.
He also thinks when he's 6 that everything is his business. Nice try!

Corey~living and loving said...

ooooo I just want to hug and squeeze this post until is cries out for help. :)

Maude Lynn said...

I'm 104, and I still expect to feel different each birthday!

So cute!

Jaina said...

Absolutely precious! What a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

She'll be happy when she's turning 30 that she still feels the same as when she was 29...

I love conversations like this with kids. To be young again!

Cynthia said...

To cute!

Karen MEG said...

I wish I didn't feel any different every time I got older LOL!

That was a very sweet conversation and post!

jaime said...

too cute! everything they say at this young age it adorable...hope she had a wonderful birthday.

Ann(ie) said...

awwww. What a cutie! My mom always asked me on every birthday if I felt older. Nope, I'd say.
Wish I could say the same now. meh.

Lisa said...

how sweet is she? Love that....