photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, June 20, 2008

I hope he doesn't hate me for this when he's older.

Yesterday evening, I heard lots of giggling coming from the playroom. Then my son runs out and says, "Look at me, Mommy! Look at me!" And as I turn around, this is what I saw.

And of course I said, "Let me take your picture!" Normally when I say this he gets annoyed and doesn't want his picture taken but he was all for it. In fact, he decided to pose like a tough man.

A tough man in a tutu and a floppy hat.
I put my camera away and he scurried back into the playroom where I heard more giggling and then he came out dressed like this:
He had changed skirts and added some lovely pink heels. And he requested that I take another photo. And of course, I obliged.

He and his sister retreated back into the playroom and he came back out like this:


But I think the skirt, boa and pink teddy bear were too much for his testosterone to handle because the next time he came out of the playroom, he looked like this:

A pirate with a gun. Now that's more like it.
And Daddy, you can rest easy. I don't think the dresses, heels and boa will be a permanent play item for Peter.
It was just a fun afternoon of playing make believe with Sarah. And Mommy's camera.

post signature

26 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Silly boy. But very, very cute. :)

Rebekah said...

Very funny. He is just too cute for words

Sue Wilkey said...

Even in the pink outfits, he was still rockin' the "Rex and Raptor" T-shirt. No worries. :)

3XMom said...

oooh..he will hate you for this later! But sooo cute!

Mari said...

Very funny! I think you'll be fine if you don't repost these when he's in high school!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Tormenting pictures for those teen years LOL... too cute

Annikke said...

How funny!I love how he posed for the camera!

Kellan said...

How adorable. Kids love dress-up, don't they? The more silly - the better.

Have a good day - Kellan

Don Mills Diva said...

I love how you reassured your husband - I'd have to be reassuring mine as well...:-)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I hope everyone has great shots like that. I know I do. And like you. I plan to use 'em to my benefit later on...

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Very endearing! I'm glad you snapped the moments...He won't want to see them when he's older, but these innocent times are gone so fast!
Bella :)

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I must be jaded... all I can think of is "black-mail"!!!

Cynthia said...

You know that's going to come back to haunt him one day;) It is too funny!

Corey~living and loving said...

I love it. :) you are a good mom. Have fun....let him have fun. It's all good!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

We don't have anything of the other gender to even tempt my boys for a good laugh.

KEEP BELIEVING

AlaneM said...

That is too funny...my hubby would'a freaked out!!
He's a little, uh, phobic when it comes to stuff like that.
The funny thing is that Eli loves the color pink. HA!

the mother of this lot said...

I would blow those up and save them for a suitable day.....!

Anonymous said...

What fun! So cute

Anonymous said...

Yup, definitely blackmail material. Very funny.

jaime said...

looks like he had fun! Goes to show ya, you always gotta have that camera ready...ya never know! good one...

Ann(ie) said...

How funny! Those will be good blackmail pics one day. My mom still has a pic of my brother with a turtleneck on and nekked from the waist down except for her high heels. hehe.

OHmommy said...

LMAO. that is all

Amy Jo said...

I've been wondering what age the dress up starts...that was a favorite part of my play time. Those pictures made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah he will hate this but this is good amo for first serious date. It's your job as a Mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh he is going to hate you for sure when he gets older, but darnit, he looks adorable;)

Jaina said...

Haha, too cute! He'll only hate you for it during the self-conscious adolescent phase...when he's older and cooler he'll laugh and crack jokes about them. ;)