photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My son, the counterfeiter.

Yesterday at the pool, Peter stopped playing with his friend Colton and came running over to me and said, "Mommy! When I grow up I'm not going to have a job. I'm just going to make lots of money!"

"That's not how it works, sweetheart. You have to have a job to make money," I replied.

"No. I'm not going to EARN it. I'm going to MAKE it," he said as if he couldn't believe why I didn't understand what he was saying.

"Oh, sweetie, only the government can make money. If you try to do it you will get in trouble and get put in jail. It's called counterfeiting," I explained.

"Oh. I better go tell Colton." And he went back into the pool to hatch a new plan.

Only five years old and he's already trying to figure out ways to get out of work. Perhaps I should believe him when he tells me he is going to live in my house forever. I guess I better get plumbing installed in the basement...

post signature

23 comments:

Rebekah said...

LOL, thats funny

Cher said...

Well, that's how "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" author got his start...melting recycling and making nickels! He actually IS a millionaire now! There still is hope.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

SO FUNNY! Out of the mouth of babes.

Tina said...

Smart kid...if only it was that easy! :)

Texasholly said...

LOL. When Ryan was 5 we had a conversation that started, "Mommy why can't I just marry a girl who will work". Holy cow! Has all my hard work gone in vain here???? hahaha

the dragonfly said...

Yeah, too bad it doesn't work that way! :)

Suburban Correspondent said...

(forehead slap) Now why didn't I think of that? All that monopoly money in the basement is just going to waste...

Annikke said...

Makes sense to me... why work for money if you can just make it! Too bad it doesn't work that way!

Christina said...

Too funny!!! I love how kids take things so literally. They actually think making money might mean actually making it.

AlaneM said...

I love it...at least he's planning his future early!

McMommy said...

Tell Peter & Colton to call me...Do they have any "legit" business proposals for me?

Don Mills Diva said...

HA - I love the way he thinks!

Jaina said...

Haha, that is too funny! If only we could do that.

Maude Lynn said...

I LOVE that ambition!

Deanna said...

Sorry, can't post... too busy packing up my stuff to move back home! (Why didn't I think of that?) Oh, I just remembered... we would have killed each other! Ha!

Mandy said...

Passing through from the McMommy Chronicles...

I like your son's creativity. Think of it this way, you won't have to worry about your retirement fund if he keeps up with ideas like that!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Yep. He's clever alright. I sense an engineer in your future. :)

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Just this week I worked a call where some much older boys than your son decided to do the very same thing.

I don't think they had a mom like you to teach them otherwise!

Blessings, Joanne

p.s. thanks for your prayers beth, I do wish I was getting the chance to meet you in person though!

jaime said...

Makes sense to me! After all...it DOES grow on trees...right?

Michelle said...

Lmbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor was invited to a special science camp, she came home and asked ...

"Mom, if I go to MIT will I make lot's of money?"

It must be the age.

Brittany said...

I wish it were that easy to "make" money. lol

Anti-Supermom said...

OMgosh, this sounds like a day with my four-year-old. Yes, 'I wish that you did knew how to *make* money, that Mommy and Daddy could retire with your off-shore banking account funding it.'

Love it~
Thanks for the blog visit,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't it work that way? It should. I know many, many people who's credit is far far better than the US. There is absolutely nothing to back up the US dollar which is nothing but a debt note. They churn them out by the billions on a printing press.

I myself have stopped accepting them. They are worthless. The only thing that keeps them afloat is that other people will still accept them... because you can't take them back to the issuer and demand any kind of real goods for them at all.

Imagine me printing out notes, and using them to pay for stuff, but not accepting them back. The only thing that makes them worthwhile is that other suckers will take them, and try to pay yet other suckers with them. Because I sure won't. I printed them, and I know they are worthless paper because its my scam.