photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Thankful Turkeys

Last year we made Thankful Trees and it was a tradition that I wanted to carry on every year while the kids were young.

This year we decided to do Thankful Turkeys.

Peter was being a grump and after writing out three things he was thankful for, he gave up and had me write them down for him.

Sarah wanted to write everyone of hers which is why none of them are legible. I do commend her for the effort though.

Peter's list included the following things:

God
Toys
The Doctor
Telephone
Mom and Dad
Max and Ruby
Himself
Friends
Grandma and Grandpa
The Computer

Sarah's list included the following things:

Family
God
Food
Flowers
Ball
Pumpkins
The World
Clocks
And a couple of other things that I can't remember and can't decipher.

My hope for my children is that they remember to be thankful to God for all that he provides for them. Because really, it's all his anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving!

post signature

14 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Too cute!

Happy Thanksgiving!

jennwa said...

Great list of things to be thankful for.

Hope you guys are having a great day!!!!!!!!

My kids are disappointed we are not seeing you guys today. It had been so long since we have seen you.

the mother of this lot said...

Your turkeys are beautiful. And your kids don't look too bad either!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Momisodes said...

That is so incredibly sweet. They are so wonderful. I just love their lists.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great idea. I love that she is thankful for clocks. Happy Thanksgiving!

Denise said...

Your kids are so awesome.

jaime said...

lol @ "Max and Ruby"!

My friend did the thankful tree this year and it was so cute...i think i will do it next year. CUTE PICS!

Anonymous said...

Peter is thankful for "Max and Ruby" and Sarah is thankful for clocks! So cute. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.

Christina said...

What a cute idea and a great way to get kid's involved in being thankful for the things they have.

Happy Valley Mom said...

Great idea

Carol said...

Love that he had Max and Ruby on his list.

I wish I could say the same but Ruby brings out a rather unthankful streak in me.

Corey~living and loving said...

What a great idea. I love love love their lists. :)

Megan said...

oh i LOVE that she was thankful for clocks- too cute!

Megan

Jaina said...

What a neat project. It will be interesting to compare them throughout the years and share them with them later.