photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's the only way the fridge is going to get cleaned out around here.

Poor Peter. His 6th birthday is on Thursday and he was supposed to have his friend party tonight. We don't ever do big parties around here but he was excited anyway.

Jennifer's four kids were coming for pizza and cake and her two boys, Cody and Colton, were going to spend the night.

But Peter was very sluggish yesterday and was up a lot of the night with a cough. This morning he had a fever and basically never moved from the couch.

So after lots of tears, I called Jennifer and told her we were going to have to reschedule.

And right after I got off the phone with her, I realized that a little milk had been spilled in the refrigerator. I cleaned it up and made lunch.

It was right after lunch that I realized the little bit of spilled milk was really A LOT of spilled milk.

It had run into two of the drawers and behind two of the drawers. It had even puddled up underneath the bottom drawer.

So I spent part of the afternoon cleaning out the refrigerator and Peter spent most of the day curled up in a ball on the couch. Not exactly what either one of us had planned for the day but when life gives you spilled milk, you might as well clean out the fridge!

post signature

17 comments:

Chris said...

I'm so sad for Peter. But, at least you can reschedule and it will be just as good on another day.

Good job figuring out about the milk so fast! Your excellent attitude about it is inspiring me to go have a look in my own fridge! :)

Denise said...

Hope Peter feels better very soon.

Deleted said...

Love the new quote!! lol

Mari said...

Poor Peter. Hope he feels better soon. At least you accomplished something today!

eetomost said...

I hope Peter feels better soon:) I was sick all week with some crud viral infection those are HARD to get rid of! Hopefully he will regain his strength and he can celebrate his birthday soon:)

Good job on cleaning out the fridge! That is one of the jobs that I try to avoid at all costs! !!
Good for you!

leigh-NC

junglemama said...

Hope he feels better soon.

Huse Yo Mama said...

ugh! I hate it when things go like that for me! But, you're right - at least the fridge is clean now!

He & Me + 3 said...

Poor baby! Poor Mommy! But atleast the fridge is now clean. I so need to do that.

Robin hill farm said...

Oh no, poor guy. It always seems like everyone gets sick when you have big plans to do something fun. I hope he feels better soon.

Michelle said...

That's what motivates me to clean out the fridge.

the dragonfly said...

Aww..poor kid! Hope he gets his party soon, and hope he feels better even sooner!

And...would you like to come clean out my fridge? It needs to be done, and I don't really want to do it..

:)

Tina said...

Oh man...that stinks...for both of you...and maybe literally with the milk!!

I hope Peter is feeling better and gets to have his little party soon.

Cynthia said...

Awww, hope he's feeling better:)

Rebekah said...

Maybe not a fun day- but you created a new quote! Love it.

Hope he feels better

Laural Out Loud said...

That exact same thing happened to me, only it was cow blood from defrosting ground beef. I thought it was just a little puddle, but soon discovered it had dripped onto every shelf in the fridge. It really does take stuff like this to get me to clean my fridge, lol.

Poor guy- I hope you were able to reschedule to sometime very soon!

Lisa said...

Beth, I will be praying for Brian and Angie. I have learned in my book my Stormie Omartian that the prayer that changes things includes praise and God is so Good, I am praising Him and believing right now for Brain's complete healing in Jesus Name.

Jaina said...

Awww, poor Peter. I hope he feels better!
And hey, whatever gets it cleaned, right?