photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Day in Pompeii

I did something unusual yesterday. I went on a Mother-Daughter Outing.

What's so unusual about that, you might ask?

It wasn't me and Sarah, it was me and my mother!

About a month ago, we read in our local newspaper about an exhibit that was currently being shown at the Discovery Place Museum in Charlotte.

The exhibit was "A Day in Pompeii". And they were showing many different types of artifacts that had been uncovered in the ruins at Pompeii.

The minute I read the article, I knew I wanted to go. I have been fascinated with Pompeii since learning about the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in elementary school.

The minute she read the article, she knew she wanted to go.

So, we went together and made a day of it!

After we looked at all the artifacts and the chilling molds made from all the holes left by the bodies that had been covered in lava and ash, we made a Target run and we had lunch together at wonderful restaurant near my old house.

A cool museum exhibit. Target. Lunch. My mom.

Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday!

post signature

18 comments:

Brittany said...

That is such a cool sounding exhibit!! :) And how special that you got to have a girls day out! Sounds like a great day!

Chris said...

Now that was a wonderful day. :)

I would have loved seeing the exhibit too.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love it. Sounds wonderful. I rarely get days with my mom like that. Black Friday is one of those days, so no matter how tired I am...I always go, just to spend time with my mom. Love her!

Christina said...

That sounded like so much fun. How nice it was to be the daughter instead of being the mom for a day. Sounds like a great exhibit.

Robin hill farm said...

That's great! My mom and I always have fun when we go places together. It don't happen as much as I would like, since we live quite a ways away from each other. But that just makes it even more special! :)

jaime said...

That sounds like a really cool exhibit. And a really nice time for the Moms....glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Mari said...

I would love that exhibit too. What a nice way to spend time with your Mom.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Sounds like a great day! I would like to see the exhibit. We will be studying Pompeii shorly. I have been wondering if it was worth a trip to Charlotte for the weekend.

Have a great Sunday!

jennwa said...

That sounds like a great Saturday. I can not wait to hear more.

Melanie said...

Wow.. that sounds like a GREAT way to spend a Saturday afternoon! I love time like that with my mom.

I'm also completely taken with Pompeii and it's history, too.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

It was truly a wonderful day....and the salad was delicious too! Grandma T

Indy said...

What a great idea. And to have a post to always remember the day, priceless. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Oh, lucky you - it sounds lovely.
My mom would have made me Cookoo-for-Cocoa Puffs.

Anonymous said...

How nice that you got some time with just your mom.

I see mine often, but rarely is it just us!

Denise said...

Sounds like a lovely day my friend.

Chris said...

I'm so sorry to do this to you... but you've been TAGGED.

http://athomeatlast.blogspot.com/2008/12/ive-been-tagged.html

Momisodes said...

What a wonderful Saturday afternoon! It's so rare to get one-on-one time with your mom once you become a mom :) What a special day.

Jaina said...

How neat, sounds like the perfect outing with your mom :)