photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elem Minnow

While Sarah was singing the ABC song several weeks ago, I noticed that she had it wrong.

She sang it as if there were only 24 letters instead of 26.

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

Elem

Minnow

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

Being the good mother that I am, I immediately corrected her and tried to get her to sing the song correctly.

Being the stubborn daughter that she is, she immediately insisted that she was right and I was wrong.

We argued a bit and then I dropped it.

Last night, she was reading a book with Dan and one of the pages had the alphabet on it. As they were going over it, he realized that she was doing it incorrectly and she insisted with him that she was doing it the right way.

After much discussion, she finally believed Daddy and started saying it the right way!

Sometimes it just takes a little help from Daddy.

post signature

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see the same thing happening here. Daddies just have that special power!

Maggie said...

Too cute... it seems like kids always get stuck on the L,M,N,O part!! It's that dern song!! =)

Anonymous said...

So cute! My youngest does that, too. Although I think it may all be one letter for her: Elemminnow.

jaime said...

i don't understand....those aren't the right words? LOL!

my son does that too and it's so cute. I'm still trying to get him to say his T H 's! you know, DIS, DAT, over DARE, DA...ugh!

Annikke said...

yea, I tried to post first thing and I couldn't get it to let me so I am trying again!

When my son was 4 he was practicing writing his alphabet and all of the sudden he asks me how to spell "dubba". After some talking I figured out he was at "W" so I had to explain it isn't dubba U it is really W. It took time to convince him of that!

Tina said...

Yea, cause daddies are never wrong...right?!?! :)

My dad used to tell me that the ABC song was gross b/c it talks about how ElemMinnows P

See, it could've been worse!!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

For the longest time both my girls said elemeno like it was a separate letter!

And it totally should be, according to girls who know it all. I mean not that I have any of those around here. ;)

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

p.s. you reminded me that my 6-year-old used to say Elmo Elmo P when she was 2 :)

Jaina said...

Haha, sounds like me with algebra...my mom could explain something to me, but until my Papa explained it to me (often in the EXACT SAME WORDS...she learned from him too), I didn't always get it.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Too cute! Yes, sometimes Daddy can get things done that we can't get done. Too funny!

Keyo said...

i had tried like 3 times yesterday to put a comment. obviously i was also disappointed! :)

love ur posts and i know the feeling when you dont get comments! haha.

i was wondering what u wud do next if she was able to convince ur husband that she was right yet again! go to grandmother? :) i think its so cute how we listen to our fathers right away. i was like that too! :)

Christina said...

Of course daddy is always right says daddy's girl.

Grandma T said...

Elem minnow......adorable!

Amanda said...

That is really cute!!!!!

I love comments too!!!