photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Campbell's Soup is good food.

The first words out of Jennifer's mouth when she found out I purchased The 30 Day Shred were "You didn't need to buy it. It's on the Exercise Channel."

Jennifer,who works out all the time, actually knew that Time Warner Cable has a channel called Exercise On Demand. I'm quite certain I breezed by it one day in my quest for Food Network On Demand but never looked back.

So armed with this new knowledge, I was faced with a dilemma. Should I wait for my DVD to arrive in the mail in a week or should I jump right in with my workout?

And of course, I'm sure you know what route I decided to take.

I convinced myself (rather quickly I might add) that I should wait so that I could thoroughly review all the information that came with the DVD to insure that I would be properly prepared to Shred effectively.

At least that's what I told myself. Ultimately it came down to me being lazy and wanting a few more days to contemplate what I've done so that that I could mentally prepare for the work that lay ahead.

And then this morning I went swimsuit shopping.

There is nothing like a pile of ill-fitting swimsuits laying discarded in the corner of a fluorescent-lit dressing room to make me speed home and search for Jillian Michaels doing The 30 Minute Shred on the upper channels of cable TV.

And after I found her, I did her little Shred.

Bring it on Jillian, I thought to myself as I was sweating through her circuits all the while trying to block out the image of my pasty muffin top glowing under the fluorescent lights of that dressing room. (And don't even get me started on that annoying little roll of back fat.)

My arms are quivering as I type these words and I didn't even have any weights to use for the arm exercises. I had to do some quick thinking and resorted to using two cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup.

Mmmmmm....Cream of chicken soup goes great in all sorts of dips and casseroles and......

Oh! Where was I?

Yes. That's right. My arms are quivering but y'all I feel good! I made it through the first 20 minute Shred and I am actually looking forward to doing it again tomorrow!

So if you need a little motivation to get started on The Shred or any other exercise program, might I suggest a quick trip to the mall, a dressing room with fluorescent lighting and a bathing suit that claims to be your size.

***Note - if you live around here and you have Time Warner Cable, the Exercise On Demand channel is 654. There are tons of free workouts. I could have saved myself $8.99 plus shipping and handling if I had only known!***

post signature

17 comments:

Pam said...

I use soup cans for my weights too...that is, when I actually do one of my exercise videos!

Jaina said...

I'm excited to get the dvd and start tonight. I need to get in shape, if only to feel better. Though dropping 15-20 pounds wouldn't be a bad thing either...

Denise said...

That sounds great sweetie, you go girl.

Courtney said...

You are hilarious!

AND if The Shred does indeed make you sick, you can eat your chicken soup and feel better. :)

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like a good workout...keeping your body guessing is always good. I started with the exercise bike...plateaued...added the cardio glide...plateaued...added pilates (LOVED IT)...did great...pulled a ligament in my hip...took a break...lost 10# on break!...got pregnant...too tired to workout at the moment...
Good Luck & Enjoy!!!
Blessings, E

Corey~living and loving said...

so tell me how this "on demand" works. I thought it was like pay per view......hmmmmm....

Mari said...

Good for you! I don't think we get it on our cable, but I'm going to check!

Grandma T said...

Oh me.....I got tired just reading this post! You go girl... I know you can do it!

jennwa said...

Bathing suit shopping is the worst. Just thinking about it makes me want to go workout.

Jaina said...

I did it I did it! I ordered it from Best Buy and picked it up after work. I did my first workout tonight. Boy, it was sure tough, but I already feel better. Thanks for the motivation Beth, it was exactly what I needed today. I just created a new blog to chronicle it. I plan to update every day and I didn't want to clog up my normal blog with shredding. Haha. Have a great evening!

Debbie said...

I can get sucked into the kitchen so many times during my day! All paths seem to lead there. It really is a pit of sin in there:)

Don Mills Diva said...

I keep hearing about this amazing workout! Once I get myself together I think I'm gonna try the Shred. In the meantime I'll keep eating chips and living vicariously through you...

RR Mama said...

I start "The Shred" on Monday. Pray for me!

Colleen said...

I have the DVD and it gets easier very fast. But then you have to move on to the next section :(

Lindy said...

I happened onto your blog today...

I always wait for Monday to start my diet. Don't know why - it does more bad than good since I spend Sunday eating whatever I can find since I'll be "good" tomorrow.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

I fit is on the TV I am REALLY running out of excuses!

Kim said...

Funny post from you, now I know where your children get it from :)