photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rainy days and pedicures go together like cheese and cheese graters.

It is rainy and cloudy today.

Again.

For what feels like the 147th day in a row.

So in an attempt to lift my spirits, I got a pedicure. It has been 6 months since my last pedicure and boy did it show. I felt sorry for the poor woman that was tasked with the job of removing six months worth of cuticles from my toe nails and dead skin from my heels.

She whipped out what appeared to be a large cheese grater with a handle and began to work on my heels. Dead skin went flying.

It was my own dead skin and I was still totally disgusted. And even with all of the scrubbing and grating and buffing she did, my heels still look old, dry and worn out.

So now I'm kicking myself for not slathering Vaseline on my heels and covering them with socks every night before bed this winter. I thought about it many times but usually not until right as I was about to fall asleep. And then I would decide that I would just do it tomorrow night.

And now six months have passed and we are on the cusp of flip-flop weather and "ewwwww" is all I can say when I look at my heels. I need to do something and I need to do it quickly.

Hmmmmm....I always buy my cheese already shredded. And I've got that cheese grater in the cabinet just collecting dust.

What if....

post signature

19 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

I love this! I feel the same way about my feet. I have no answer, though. Mine have always been that way. Whether I slather them in Vasoline or not!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh girl do I feel ya on this one. A pedi sounds like the perfect pick me up. And yeah, my feet hate me too.

eetomost said...

i love the Mary Kay Satin Hands for feet! It's a great way to get that "spa" feel without the "Spa" price!!

Wendy said...

Pedicures are the best aren't they. I honestly don't know how I ever lived so long without them since I only discovered them when pregnant with Carter. I truly felt bad for the girl who did mine last month too though. It had only been since December since I had one (I decided to treat myself for Ethan's birthday!)but all the walking I did at Disney World did a number on my feet.

theUngourmet said...

I do feet on-call at a fancy-schmancy spa and when I have a client with rough heels I put a callous remover on them and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I rinse the foot and use a nice foot file and go to town. I think it works much better than the grater. (You can find a callous remover at a beauty supply or even Target in the foot care isle. Hope this helps! :0)

Jessica Ryan said...

gettin' out my vaseline tonite! I am laughing and yet completely grossed out by your beautifully visual writing!!!

Denise said...

My feet sure could use a nice pedicure.

Heather said...

I NEED one too! Maybe an early Mother's Day hint to the hubby:o)

He & Me + 3 said...

I was thinking about getting one today too. Stop by my blog so you can enter in my week's worth of giveaways. It has been fun!

Grandma T said...

Hummmm...cheese grater you say....not a bad idea!!!!

Badness Jones said...

I totally need a pedicure - I'm so jealous! I'm sure that the vaseline will work much more quickly, if you start now!

RR Mama said...

The lady who gives me my pedicures uses the same cheese grater thing! I thought the same thing..dead skin...gross! But my feet feel so good when she's done. But I also have a pumice stone I use every other morning in the shower. That helps ALOT!!!

Robin hill farm said...

Ouch! Something tells me that woudn't feel so good. :) Time to work on those "Hobbit feet" of ours, though, right? Ha ha. :)

Christina said...

I have the pedi egg thingy and yes it looks just like a cheese grater. It definitely works, but you have to be careful using it.

Annikke said...

I used to do the Vaseline thing and the grease from it leaked through my socks onto my sheets and for some reason that bothers me! I'm weird!

Rebekah said...

lol- nice image there.
Seriously, my heels get all nasty too. I got a pedicure once and hated it, and my heals were still all cracked and nasty looking.
I just try to keep them lotioned up

Jaina said...

PedEggs are awesome. Just don't over-grate ;) Trust me, it hurts if you do that.
I've never had a pedicure. I seriously want to get one though.

Tina said...

I treated myself to a pedi for Valentine's day...and I could really use another...I know JUST what you mean about your heels. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

i think women need to go for a pedicure atleast once in 30 - 40 days. but if at all u not able to make to just do it at home. its not tht dificult. i read this article on who to do it at home n i am doin it. very simple.. try it..

Pedicure