photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't mess with my sister!

Peter and Sarah love to play with the two boys that live next door. And the two boys that live next door love to play with Peter and Sarah.

Last night they were pulling Peter and Sarah around in wagons. Each boy had a wagon. Sarah was in one and Peter was in the other. And the neighbor boys doing the pulling looked like they were having as much fun as Peter and Sarah who were being pulled.

A minute after I looked out the window at them, I looked out again and noticed Peter shoving the 6 year old.

What?

Peter normally doesn't get physically aggressive when he gets upset. He will yell absurdities like "You aren't my friend anymore!", cross his arms and stomp off but he normally doesn't touch the person who has made him mad. (Although he does have a bad habit of getting up into the other person's face which is something we are working on.)

I ran outside and started yelling, "What are you doing? Stop it, right now!"

Sarah was in the wagon crying and Peter started to defend himself by saying, "C. was pulling Sarah in the wagon and was bumping her up and down and hurting her and wouldn't stop when she told him to stop so I was pushing him away from the wagon!"

After I reminded him that we shouldn't hit or push other people, I told him how proud I was of him for defending his sister. Because let's face it, normally he is the one harassing her or vice versa.

And she must have been appreciative too because later that evening, she put his bike in the garage when we were cleaning up.

Is it possible that these two may end up being friends?

I sure hope so because it's going to make it so much easier for them to take care of me and my husband in our old age if they can learn to work together!

post signature

12 comments:

RR Mama said...

Great story! Yeah and trying to get them to pick out the perfect nursing home is going to be tuff. My SIL and I joke how we are going to keep her dad and shuffle him back and forth between us but mom is going to the nursing home! It's really a joke, I would keep them both!!

Denise said...

Your kids are so precious.

He & Me + 3 said...

They love each other, they just can't stand each other most of the time...Oh wait, that is my kids. LOL

Kimberly said...

Wow! I'm an only child, so I never had anyone to defend me. I always wanted an older brother who could protect me, and a younger sister to share clothes with.

Your kids don't realize it, but they are lucky to have each other :-)

Joan said...

My brother was younger, and my thing was "nobody can pick on my brother but me!"

Have a great day!

Jessica Ryan said...

Like Kimberly I was an only child. So all this sibling stuff is totally new to me. Sometimes I watch them fighting and I am mesmerized... and sometimes I laugh... and sometimes I have to walk away because it seems as though all they do is fight. But, I've noticed that when I'm not looking -- at least when they think I'm not -- they are friends!

Cute Story!

Annikke said...

That is so sweet of him! My kids are the same way... it is like "I can be mean to my sister and it is ok, but don't YOU dare even think about it!"

Ellyn said...

Dare I hope there is hope for my two too.

Very cute story.

rhemashope said...

Love it. And something tells me Sarah would also try to defend Peter.

Jaina said...

I am SO proud of Peter for that. He may pick on his sister once in a while, but nobody else better try it. She's got a good big brother there. I bet those two will get along just fine. I'm glad you reinforced him defending Sarah, that's wonderful :)

Robin hill farm said...

Wow. Great job protecting your sister, Peter! What an awesome big brother.

Totallyscrappy said...

Way to go, Big Brother!