photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Warning! Bragging ahead. Consider yourself warned.

We had a great weekend.  And even though I have questioned the groundhog and his capabilities, it was warm and sunny and felt the way spring in North Carolina should feel.  Unfortunately it will be cold and rainy again this week.  But I will press on because lasting warmer weather has got to be right around the corner.  It just has to be.  It’s too soon for another pedicure.

This weekend was Peter’s first baseball game of the season.  This year he is playing modified tee-ball which means he gets three pitches from the pitcher and if he can’t hit one of those, he gets to hit from the tee.

Peter got hits from the coach-pitched balls both times he was up to bat!  I was thrilled.  I was jumping up and down like one of those obnoxious people you see at ball games that just can’t get enough of their own kid. 

That was me this weekend. But I just couldn’t help myself.  I guess I was expecting him to strike out and have to head dejectedly to the dugout dragging his bat behind him.  I’m sure it will happen at some point in the season but not this game.  Not this time. 

And he did a great job in the field too.  He was playing second base and he actually caught a ball that was thrown to him from his buddy Thomas to get an out.  He caught the ball!  Once again, I was jumping up and down and cheering wildly like a baseball loving fool.  I just couldn’t help myself.

The boys won 13-8 and the coach awarded Peter the game ball.  When the coach told the kids he was going to give a game ball after each game for a player that has done a great job, he asked the team who they thought should get that ball.  Three or four little voices shouted out “Peter!”  That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2009-04-04 Peter's First Ballgame002 In the dugout before the game.2009-04-04 Peter's First Ballgame005Getting a hit!2009-04-04 Peter's First Ballgame071In the huddle after the game!

And not to be outdone by her brother, Sarah had an eventful weekend as well.  She learned to ride her bike without training wheels!

Her Daddy took them off on Saturday afternoon and they practiced in the grass.  He’s a good teacher and she was a quick study.  In just a few minutes she was zooming around the yard in no time.

This afternoon they practiced some more and Sarah can now actually get herself started.  She has also graduated from the grass to the pavement.  She is still a little unsteady at times but she can definitely ride her bike without training wheels now! 

And once again, I did a lot of jumping up and down and shouting and cheering. 

Because really, isn’t that what mothers are for?  

IMG_4163

Proudly riding her bike.

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yup, That is what a mom is for!
What a great weekend...
God Bless, E

Mari said...

Yes - that is a Mom's job! Nice job Peter and Sarah!

rhemashope said...

Cheering with you. Go Peter! Go Sarah!
And Sarah is BAREFOOT in April. Oh, how I miss Carolina weather.

Wendy said...

Great job Peter and Sarah! And great job to you for being such a proud mom!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Sounds like a busy weekend for you guys! What great accomplishments by the kiddos. :)

Kimberly said...

What awesome kids you have!!

Grandma T said...

Yeaaaah Peter and Sarah!!

Kim said...

Great Memory Moments! Brag On!

RR Mama said...

Yeah to Peter and Sarah!! An no you are not one of those obnoxious moms screaming for their child. I am! But over the years I have learned to just stuff my mouth to the fullest of pickle flavor sunflower seeds and just clap, Really loud!

Momisodes said...

Wow! What a weekend :) What truly proud parent moments. I'm sure BOTH of your kids will never forget these times.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my! sounds like a GREAT weekend, and so much to be excited about. I so badly want Sugar to ride her bike. That way we can go for walk/rides. I can actually walk at a pace to get my heartrate up, and she can ride. I can't wait.

jennwa said...

I saw Peter catch that ball. I was so happy for him (and you). There is nothing wrong wth being a proud Mom. Way to go Peter.

As for Sarah her accomplishment, that is going to cause me some grief. Cheyanne is now going to want to ride with 2 wheels.
Just kidding (sort of), Great job Sarah. She is getting so big, so fast.

Denise said...

Great job Peter, and Sarah.

Tracy said...

Wow, your kids rock! :) Glad you guys had such a GREAT weekend...we were dealing with the stomach bug!

Rebekah said...

YaY- Their hats look like the Atlanta Braves. My favorite team!
You go, Peter! Congrats