photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Edition 7

It's Thursday!  These are just a few of the things I've been thankful for this past week:

1. Dan.  Yes, I know he was on the list last week but he's on it again this week. Yesterday was Valentine's Day after all.  There are a million reasons why I love this guy but here's a good one.  I was cleaning out a giant dust/dirt/cat hair clog from the vacuum cleaner the other day.  I had the tubes taken pulled apart and was about to get the screwdriver so I could clean the roller brush again.  I just did that in November  if you will recall.  He stopped me, took everything from me, and proceeded to get the giant obstruction out of the tube AND he cut all that hair out of the roller brush.  SWOON!

Acts of service must be my love language because that made me very happy.  And THEN, yesterday, he brought me tulips from Lidl. 💕

2. The sunrise was really odd yet beautiful yesterday morning.  My mom text me to quickly look out at it.  It was really cool fluffy clouds and even though it clouded up after the sunrise, the sun did finally shine a little yesterday afternoon.  I am always thankful for a little sunshine in the middle of a lot of rainy and cloudy days. And of course this picture doesn't even come close to how the sky actually looked but...


3. It was just fat. I was bra shopping the other day and as I was checking out the fit of the bra in the three way mirror, I noticed a large lump on my shoulder blade.  I got out of Target immediately and called my doctor and made an appointment for the next day.  I also googled "lump on shoulder blade" and calmed down a little bit. As it turns out, the lump on my shoulder blade is a lipoma and is nothing to be worried about.  Bascially a lipoma is a lump of fat underneath your skin that starts to grow.

So, yay?  It's not a cancerous tumor but y'all, now I have a large lump of fat growing on my shoulder blade.  If I'm not careful, soon I'll be needed to shop for a back bra!

4. Bumping into a friend at the right time.  After I left Target and called my doctor, I headed into Kohl's.  I was a little freaked out about the lump on my shoulder blade.  I was hopefully that it wasn't a tumor based on my google search but at the same time, I was a little thrown off.  And wouldn't you know it?  I bumped into my sweet friend Kendra and told her all about it and seeing her made me feel so much better.

5. We didn't hit it.  The other morning, I was driving the kids to school and out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a large deer bounding through a field.  I am very thankful that I saw him and that I was able to stop without hitting him!

6. These noodles.  I having been limiting my carbs since the beginning of the year so I haven't had any pasta.  But now that Lent is upon us, I needed a good noodle alternative.  And don't tell me to try spaghetti squash.  I have and it tastes just like squash.  No thank you.  I was in Aldi on Monday and found these:

I grabbed them and last night I made regular spaghetti for Dan and the kids and made the soybean noodles for myself.  And surprise, surprise but they were really good.  The texture was like a noodle combined with cheese if that makes sense.  And there were only 13 net grams of carbs per serving as compared to 40 in regular pasta.  I'm going to be finishing off the soybean noodles Friday night and then next Friday I'm going to give the edamame noodles a try!

And those are just a few of the things I've been thankful for this week.  What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Ok. First...so happy you were able to see your doctor and that it is good news!
And I thought I was the only one who hates that sweeper cleaning job!
Which I never do, by the way.
Thanks for the reminder.
Your hubby gets an A+ for that.
And Bonus points for the flowers. : )

Mari said...

Glad you are ok!
However - this taunting me with tulips has got to stop! :)
Beautiful sunrise!

Ernie said...

I am thankful that you posted a picture of the package of Soybean spaghetti. It is certified gluten free! Wow! I ate the grossest tomato basil soup last night because it was gluten free. First of all, it wasn't certified which I am not supposed to eat. I thought: but it's soup, right, how much accidental gluten could it have. First of all it tasted like basil and they forgot to add some tomato it was awful. Coach tried it, and was disgusted. Of course it was expensive. I have never been to Aldi, as I just professed on 'The More, the Messier'. Between you and her, I have to get over there. Thanks!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm so thankful you have a little bit of fat and not something horrible!!! The noodles sound really interesting.....hmmmmmm....I may have to try these. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower; swoon.