photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Way too old...

The kids and I got our flu shots yesterday.  Our doctor's office runs a flu clinic 3 times in the fall.  We first got flu shots two years ago when I was working at the preschool.  I just KNEW I would get the flu if I didn't get a shot so we all got flu shots and none of us got the flu.

Last year, it was the middle of November and I called to make Peter's well check appointment and to make flu shot appointments and they said, "We've already done our clinics and we have no more shots."   I  tried to get the kid's flu shots at Walgreens but apparently only doctor's offices can give the flu shots to people under 18 so we ended up not getting flu shots.

And Sarah got the flu.

It was horrible.  She was miserable.  She missed a week of school.  Then it snowed and the kids missed another week of school and then I was miserable.

So I called in October this year to get an appointment and got one of the last spots in the last clinic they were offering.  I guess next year I need to call for flu shots in August

Anyway, we went yesterday and I have to say, my kids can put on quite a show.

The clinic is always held in the waiting room. You just go to a nurse who has your chart, sign a form and get your shot  right there in the waiting room.

Two years ago, the waiting room was packed.  My kids took their shots like men, so to speak, and other than a few quiet tears from Sarah, there were no histrionics.

This year, however, we got there and the waiting room was empty.

So Peter decided to see how much he could get away with. There was whining, there was complaining and a couple of times there was even turning and walking away from the nurse right as she was getting ready to stick him. 

When it was Sarah's turn, she did everything she saw Peter do and finally when she got the shot she screamed, "OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I apologized multiple times to the nurse who assured me that she had been a pediatric nurse for 8 years and had seen it all.

That may be the case, but I know that she was thinking a 7-year-old and a 9-year-old are waaaaaay to big to be acting like that.

Because that's what I was thinking.

No comments: