photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

And now Peter knows more about Arkansas than I do.

I loved Peter's October project because it was done entirely at school.

At the beginning of October, the kids in Peter's class paired up and drew names of states.  Peter and Daniel worked together on Arkansas.  They researched the state in the library and online and then worked together to create a Power Point presentation.

Yesterday, they got to present their information to the class and to any of the parents that were able to come.
My mom and I were there with bells on!  Grandma doesn't like to miss anything that involves her grand babies!

Peter's teacher requires each of the kids to make a presentation to the class with each of their monthly projects.  I remember first giving presentations in middle school and I hated it.  I was always so nervous. 

I've always hated public speaking and I still do to this day. I wonder if I had been required to do oral presentations in elementary school if things would be different.  

Here's my sweet little man before the presentation:




Here he is during his presentation:

He spoke loudly, clearly and didn't mispronounce anything he was trying to say.  Great job, little buddy!

4 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo he looks all set! Awesome. What grade is he in, again? 3rd? Sorry, I can't remember.

Tricia said...

My daughter is about the same age and also required to do presentations at school already. I think it is really great that she is asked to do this at her age. Her teacher mentioned too that if she herself had been made to present at an earlier age she maybe wouldn't have had such trouble with it later in life.

deborah said...

Aren't Grandmas the greatest?! He looks like he did an awesome job. One thing I love about younger kids is that they aren't self-conscience yet. And the longer they aren't the better! :)

Grandma T said...

Excellent presentation!