photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Spoiled and blessed.

Can you believe that I am 42 years old and I have never cooked an entire Thanksgiving dinner? 

My mom and grandmother have always taken care of that in the past. I have brought side dishes but I have never done the whole enchilada.

And this year, we are going to my aunt's house and she and my cousin and my cousin-in-law are taking care of the entire meal so I don't even have to bring a side dish.

I am feeling a little spoiled right now.  And blessed!

Enjoy your special day with your people and good luck if you are in charge of the turkey.

I'll leave you with one of my all time favorite Bible verses:

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm the turkey Queen this year....just put an almost 19 pounder in the oven....to serve only 5 adults and one kid! What can I say...we like the leftovers almost as much as the actual meal.

Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

Mari said...

I'm spoiled too! I'm 51 as of today and I've never done the whole meal. I'm working today, so no cooking for me this year.
Happy Thanksgiving!

RR Mama said...

We were supposed to have all of our family come to our house today, but it ended up just being the four of us. And you know what...it was just as perfect and I felt just as blessed.