photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Guess I'll need to head to the grocery store if I want to see a six-pack.

I was about to hop into the shower this weekend right after Shredding and Sarah barged into the bathroom.

My kids have a radar that goes off at the precise moment I am about to get into the shower or sit down on the toilet.

She pointed at me and started laughing. (Nothing will make you stop admiring yourself in the mirror faster than your daughter pointing and laughing.)

She then ran up to me, grabbed a handful of my pasty stomach fat and said, "Mommy your tummy is still all squishy. You need to take some more exercise!"

Sigh....

But at least my husband is more supportive than my daughter. Every evening when he gets home from work he will ask me if I did my Shred and which level I completed.

Last night as I was putting my pj's on, I looked at my stomach and pointed at the very bottom of my rib cage and said, "Does this look like the beginning of a six pack to you?"

He chuckled and said, "We have too much fat over our stomach muscles to see a six pack."

Notice how he said "we" and "our?"

No wonder I love that man so much!

11 comments:

Grandma T said...

Your husband is for sure a sweetie!!

Robin hill farm said...

LOL! Cute. :)

Robin hill farm said...

LOL! Cute. :)

Elizabeth said...

Just don't DRINK the six pack or you won't ever get those abs in shape! Sweet hubby.

Ann said...

LOL, that's cute!

Denise said...

So cute, lol

Jessica Ryan said...

Owch but funny? Your husband is too cute! Did you know that fat is contagious? I swear it is... like a cold it starts slowly, very, slowly... it started on my stomach and got worse and worse and worse and, gasp! I found some on my... back!!!!! Do they have an antibiotic for that????

Jewel said...

Aww, that is so sweet that he encourages you like that, Beth. My dear husband is the same way. My son, Daniel, calls my upper arms my "Oprah" because her upper arms are so huge. My dont' even begin to compare to hers...thankfully. But I do have my body issues. *smile*

He & Me + 3 said...

I will never see a six pack again, but i will die trying to do the shred to get one. I am only on day 7 though.

Andrea said...

I love how children are so honest...well, when it comes to things you don't want to hear!!

Jaina said...

If he'd have said you he'd have been in the dog house...but he's a sweetie for the way he said it :) I need to start the Shred again. I totally fell off the wagon. I'm glad that you're sticking to it!