photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Do they even still make Chiffon?

My husband put fertilizer on the grass this weekend because the weather forecast showed that there was a 20% chance we may get some rain on Sunday night. The rest of the week it is supposed to be clear and in the upper 80s, lower 90s with ZERO % chance of rain.

So he put it down and hoped for rain.

Because everyone knows if your fertilizer is going to work, it needs to get wet after you put it down. Everyone knows that, right?

So in a desperate attempt to help my husband and to get my kids away from Sponge Bob, I decided we would wash the car.

Because everyone knows if you was your car, it will rain. Everyone knows that, right?

Peter declared that it was too hot to be outside so he stayed in the air conditioning. But Sarah thought helping me wash the car would be fun so outside we went with the bucket, sponge and scrubber in tow.

I am not a car person. I don't car a thing about them. I just like my car to be in good working order and not to smell like Frito's and feet on the inside. Normally we do a good job keeping the car operational but I have the worst time keeping it smelling fresh on the inside.

As for the outside, I normally run it through the car wash at the gas station every 2 months. But by my calculations, it hadn't been through the car wash since we got home from our Christmas trip to Massachusetts.

So the car was dirty. Really dirty.

I decided that I could do a much better job than the gas station car wash and save $5.00 in the process so we got to work.

Sarah rinsed and I scrubbed and then she rinsed and I scrubbed and then she got bored.

And then I got bored. And hot.

I surveyed the car. It looked all shiny and clean while it was sitting there soaking wet so I put everything away and left it in the sun to dry.

And when I went to admire my work later in the afternoon after it had dried, I swear it looked as if I had not even touched it. Other than a few bugs that I had scraped off the headlights, it looked even dirtier than when I started.

How is that even possible?

The forecast is still sunny and hot for the rest of the week with no chance of rain.

Apparently for it to rain after you wash you car, you actually have to get your car clean.

"Sorry honey. I tried," I yelled to my husband last night as he was setting up the sprinklers after work.

Well, you know what they say. It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

5 comments:

RR Mama said...

It rained here last night! I was so shocked. We had a scrimmage last night and it got rained out! I was so happy. Got home and there were puddles in my drive way!!! Keep it coming for the next few days!!!

Denise said...

lol, I totally understand.

Anonymous said...

You blog helped me a lot. Created a favicon. Thank you so much! Love ya!

Jaina said...

That's frustrating...I'm sorry you didn't get any rain.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

I'm thinking that five bucks is totally worth it!