photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I guess I need to polish my crown.

Yesterday I decided that I needed to scrub the toilets. There was one toilet in particular that looked like an award-winning science experiment and I couldn't avoid cleaning it any longer.

As I was scrubbing, Sarah came into the bathroom where she informed me that I must think I was a queen.

"Why do you think I think I'm a queen?" I asked curiously.

"Because you always tell me and Peter what to do..."

"and because you always tell Daddy what to do..."

"and you never do anything."

And then to add insult to injury, I had barely turned aside from my sparkling clean toilet when I heard a sweet voice calling, "Mooooommmmy! Can you help me wipe my bottom? It's a squishy one!"

That girl sure knows how to put a hurting on my ego and my toilet!

18 comments:

Ann said...

HA!!! That is so funny! Don't you just love what comes out of their mouths?!?

Denise said...

That was way too funny, lol

Suburban Correspondent said...

Well, I've heard that "you never do anything" line before; but at least it came from an irate teen. Your daughter's a tad precocious, I must say!

Mari said...

Too funny! Just wait till she's a Mom!

Jessica Ryan said...

I crown you Queen of the Loo!!!

Karin Katherine said...

Oh my gosh. That is too much! I can see you with your crown and toilet brush in hand.

He & Me + 3 said...

Your kids are too funny. I can't stand it when my kids tell me I don't do anything. I am bossy though...so I must be a queen. LOL

Mandy said...

Oh honey....you so need to write this down and present it to her someday when she is a mom!! haha!!

Melanie said...

Oh, my... OUCH! And, funny! I'm not sure whether I would've laughed or cried... maybe a bit of both! :)

Have a great weekend!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh funny! Well I think you are a queen my friend!

Carol said...

Ha!

Isn't it a shame we have to wait for them to become parents until they'll appreciate us?

rhemashope said...

Sarah is hilarious! She reminds me of "Fancy Nancy." Have you ever seen those books? I suspect she would LOVE them. http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/kids/gamesandcontests/features/fancynancybooks/

Joan said...

Mom would have told me to wait until I had children then I would see the light.

Too funny.

Blessings

Andrea said...

I love it! From the mouths of babes, whatever their ages!

Amber said...

I always offer to exchange chores when they say that. ;)

This Heavenly Life said...

Well as beautiful as your 'throne' is now, I say you just barricade yourself in the bathroom until she cries UNCLE and decides that you are, after all, necessary to the working of the household. Too funny!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh dear....she really does know how to deliver the blow, huh?

Jaina said...

Ouch! She just doesn't see all the things you do. ;)