photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Sunday, June 2, 2013

What I Wore Sunday - The Sarah Doesn't Think My Necklace Works Edition

I'm joining the fine ladies and Fine Linen and Purple again this weekend for another edition of What I Wore Sunday and with Grace for Sunday Best.

This outfit was purchased in it's entirety from Tarjay!  I love me some one stop shopping!

I love the stripped skirt and although I paired it with a black top, the top has some great detail in it for interest.  And I added a pink necklace to give the whole outfit a little pop.  My almost nine-year-old fashion consultant told me the necklace did not look good with the outfit.  (Not the first time we've disagreed and I'm certain it won't be the last!)

I was reading a fashion blog a couple of weeks ago that said black and white stripped skirts were in this summer but to make them really in, you needed to pair them with a bright colored top.  Maybe I'll try that in a few weeks when I work up the courage.

Work it girl!

What's she looking at down there?

You can see the cool detail in the shirt as well as my pretty pink necklace.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that necklace! I tend to wear a lot of black and that pop of color is gorgeous!

Anna B. said...

necklace works for me, when can I borrow it..;) Great outfit.

Laura Pearl said...

You look great! I do love the detail on that top.

Anonymous said...

I love that skirt...super cute! I think it looks great with the black top. I think it would look great with a brightly colored top as well, but I'm not totally sure if I could pull it off.

I think the necklace looks great...kee it!

Mari said...

CUTE! I love the top and the necklace is perfect with it.

Grace Marie said...

sassy!!! and ha! it works! Tell her I said so!

I love that skirt.

Carly said...

The skirt is seriously awesome, as is the necklace. How lovely!

Colleen said...

Pink and black is a great combo, and I love stripes too!

Grandma T said...

Beautiful!