photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, June 24, 2013

Just like a fine wine....

I have received tons and tons of emails asking me What I Wore Sunday.

Okay.  You got me.  I only received one email and that was from my sister-in-law.  But just in case the rest of you were wondering...

We went to Mass on Saturday evening and Sarah took my picture but the outfit was one I threw on with absolutely no thought other than let's get something on this body that's not shorts and a dirty tee shirt so we can make it to Mass on time (and the whole point of WIWS is to put some time and effort into how you look for church).

I reviewed the pictures and deemed that the outfit  not blog-worthy so, no pictures. Sorry folks.

I do have a picture of me on Sunday though:

Me, Kristi, Christie, Tanya

I had lunch with three of my oldest friends!

I met Kristi in freshman year of college (1987!  yikes, we are old!) and we eventually shared a condo together with some other girls.

I met Christie at work in 1995 and we eventually shared a cubicle together.

I met Tanya in junior high in 1981 (yikes!  we are old!) and we eventually shared a dorm room, a condo, a townhouse, an apartment AND a cubicle together.

I used to get together with these girls every couple of months for dinner but then there were babies, and promotions, and more babies, and more promotions, and I moved, and we eventually let our dinners dwindle to every six months and then once a year.

And then we realized that it had been a year and a half since we had gotten together.  That's just way too long.

Kristi recently built a second home in the mountains so we all met there and enjoyed brunch, mimosas and lots of talk. I love it when I can go a year and a half without seeing these ladies and we can still talk for 5 hours without a lull in the conversation.

Not one lull!

At the very end we pulled out a picture album that Christie made for Kristi about 10 years ago that had lots of pictures of the four of us together.  It was hilarious to see all the different hair styles, all the weight gained, all the weight lost, and all the bad outfits (which I'm sure we thought we awesome at the time).

It seemed in every picture someone had gained a few pounds, then by the next dinner those pounds were lost and someone else had gained them.

Unfortunately, in this picture it is clear that I am the heavy one.  I will be seeing these ladies again in November and I am damned and determined not to be the chunky one then.

Mark my words!  In fact, I just had watermelon when I really wanted a cookie.  So, there. 

Never mind that two them regularly run half marathons and the other works out at the gym every day.  My plan is a watermelon replacement diet.  And I'm sure it's going to work.  I'll write a book.  It will sell millions.  I've got it alllllllllll figured out.

Upon further review of the pictures, we were all in agreement that we truly are getting better with age! 

Now where's that watermelon?  I'm starting to get hungry.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I was thinking - dang, you four hit the aging well JACKPOT! And you encouraged me to run more, thankyouverymuch.