photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One last trip?

I'm down to the wire.  I'm running out of time.  It's now or never.

I have two days left until the kids are out for summer vacation so this morning I headed to Target for one last leisurely stroll through the store pushing a big red buggy and sipping on a hot cup of coffee  until August 21st.

I wandered up and down the peaceful aisles reading the labels on all the anti-aging skin care products, eying pretty throw pillows, trying on over-sized sun glasses, bemoaning the fact that my calves are just too large for this summer's crop of white skinny jeans. 

You know, all the things  you do when you go to Target by yourself.

Because the next time I make a Target run I'll be telling Peter that he cannot have a new video game, telling Sarah that she can not have a new pair of shoes, telling both the kids that they are not going to get popcorn, telling both the kids that we are leaving the toy section now.  Right now!

You know, all the things you do when you go to Target with kids. 

You know what?  I think I might need to squeeze in one last Target trip tomorrow.  August 21st is a long way off!

2 comments:

Grandma T said...

Funny.....yet so very real!! :) Have a fun shopping trip!!

Wendy said...

You and I are so alike enjoying our last trip to Target before the kids get out of school! Our only difference is you are brave enough to take your kids there over the summer. Not me! I will have to make quick run ins on the weekend while Terry sits in the car with the wild boys.