photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

S.A.D is definitely not sad!

It's Catholic Schools Week and today, my children's school is having Student Appreciation Day.

A couple of weeks ago, all the kids got to go through a list of 25 activities and rank them according to which they wanted to do most to which they wanted to do least.

This list included things like gymnastics, Lego building, cheerleading, basketball, cooking demonstration, WipeOut, photography, Bingo, tye-die shirt making, geocaching, jewelry making, woodworking and the list goes on.

The kids will rotate through 6 of these stations this morning and all of these stations will be manned by parents.  I am helping out with the Relay Race station.  I am really rethinking my decision.  I found out yesterday that the kids get to sample everything they make in the cooking demonstration. 

Samples of food and I chose to do relays!  Bad choice on my part.

After the morning of activities, the kids will have a pizza lunch and then watch a juggler perform.  The juggler will also teach them how to juggle.  After that, it's ice cream sundaes.

My kids have been looking forward to this day for two weeks now and are really keeping their fingers crossed that they won't have any homework tonight either.

By the time you read this, I will be knee deep in balloons, eggs, pennies and spoons.  If I can make it to lunch time though, I hear that I will get pizza.  

2 comments:

The Lindsey Family said...

What a crazy-busy day you are having. Wishing you the best!

deborah said...

Wow! Sounds like an absolutely awesome day to be a student! I bet my son would be all for a schoolday like that!