Friday, February 24, 2012
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. Sarah's presentation is this afternoon at school. Her teacher is letting parents watch if they want to come so that's where I will be. (Along with Grandma of course because loves to watch her grandchildren.) I am very interested to see what the other kids will be doing. Their presentations may be more creative but none will be as cute as Sarah dressed in this costume:
2. Dan wears his hair very short now and has decided that he wants me to try to cut it to save some money. I will be heading to YouTube soon to watch some tutorials on how to cut a high and tight. If things don't go well, he could be sporting a shaved head for a couple of weeks!
3. Have you noticed that everyone uses the word "so" now when they mean "really"? For instance, "I so want to go see that new movie," or "I so want to go to the mall." When did this happen? How did this happen?
I so want to know.
4. It's Lent know which means no meat on Fridays. We do a lot of pasta (with pesto sauce, with tomato sauce, with cream sauce, etc.) during Lent because my husband doesn't like fish. I also make a good black bean soup which we may be having toward the end of Lent when we are all tired of meatless spaghetti.
We had cheese pizza on Ash Wednesday but it was missing something. I think it was the bacon, pepperoni, and sausage that we normally have on our Wednesday pizza. We love us some meat up in here!
5. Track practice starts on Tuesday. We won't get home from school on Tuesdays now until after 5:00. Peter is already lamenting the fact that by the time he gets done with all of his homework he won't have any time to play. I am such a mean mother!
6. I have volunteered to help the track coach which is ridiculous since it's been almost a month since I've done any running at all. I think I will finally go for a short run on Monday. I think I said that last week, but I really want to make sure my knee is better and I finally think it is. I hope. I really miss running. HA! I honestly can't believe I just typed that last sentence. Who am I? What have they done with the real me?
7. Sarah and I will be attending a Mother/Daughter luau on Sunday afternoon. We have attending this function before but in the past it has been a tea. I guess they wanted to change things up a little bit. I'm all for it. The change in theme leaves me wondering if we will have roast pig and poi instead of tea sandwiches and tiny cakes?
For more 7 Quick Takes, please visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary.