photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How To Repair Broken Powder or Eye Shadow

Don't you hate it when you drop your powder or your eye shadow and it cracks?  I do.

I usually throw the broken pieces away while cursing my clumsy fingers.

Well, hang on to your make-up bags ladies because I have discovered a simple and cheap repair trick! 

The next time your powder looks like this:


 Take some rubbing alcohol,


Pour a little alcohol into the powder and stir.  Start with a few drops and gradually add a few more until it becomes stir-able.  You will know when to add more and when to stop - you don't want it soupy but you do need to be able to mix it up.


 When it looks like this leave it alone for several hours or overnight:


And then - Ta da! You have this:



Your powder is magically put back together and can all be used again. The alcohol has disappeared and left your makeup intact.

For more wonderful Works For Me Wednesday tips, please head over to Kristin's place at We Are THAT Family.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of good helpful hints out there; however, I must be lazy....I just buy a new one.

GMT

LaVonne said...

I just dropped my powder and I am still using it all broken up. I needed this post. Thanks!

Glad I stopped by from WMFW, Blessings!