photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

And now they are mine.

I rip into the red envelope that is waiting for me at the breakfast table.

I slowly pull out the card.  I open it and begin to savor the sweet words.

Tears form in the corners of my eyes like they always do, every time I read the words he has chosen for me.

I read it several times throughout the day.

He's at work but the words are right there speaking to me as I fold  laundry, whispering to me as I wash breakfast dishes, singing to me as I make dinner.

The words are simple, not flowery.  They are heartfelt, not insincere.  They are true, not counterfeit.

They are powerful. And now they are mine.

I write the date on the back of the card, slowly return it to it's envelope and carefully place it in the large box with all of the others.

4 comments:

deborah said...

So sweet!

Colleen said...

Awwwww, this is so nice!

Annikke said...

That is so touching!

Anonymous said...

That made tears in the corners of my eyes.

GMT