photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies

I tried a new cookie recipe that I found on Pinterest.  The original recipe was found at Six Sisters' Stuff.

I love chocolate and I love Andes Mints and the recipe only has four ingredients so I figured I would make them as a Valentine's treat for our family.



Andes Mint Cookies

Ingredients
1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 package of Andes Mints

Directions
Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. (I used my Pampered Chef scoop and it worked perfectly for this consistency of dough.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes. Be careful not to overback them.
Take sheet out of oven and while the cookies are still very hot, place an Andes Mint on top of each cookie.
Wait 5 minutes until the mint has melted. Take a spoon and smooth out each mint like frosting.
My batch made 22 cookies.

The verdict from out family: 
My father-in-law and son loved them. 
Sarah and I did not care for them at all.  I guess we just like our mints and our cookies separate.
My husband does not like mints and wouldn't even try them.

These are super easy to make and with only four ingredients, you should give them a shot!  Someone in your house will thank you!

4 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

looks tasty to me. :)

Amy said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I love Andes mints {sometimes its the whole reason I eat at Olive Garden.} I can't wait to try out these cookies!

Thanks for stopping in to A&A. It means the world that you took a look at my project and the time to comment.

Have a lovely day. {Amy}

deborah said...

Cake mix cookies are so easy and good! I am not a huge fan of mint in cookies. I guess I just think "chocolate flavor" when it comes to cookies!

Anonymous said...

These look and sound delicious! I believe my Mom would love these! Do you have any left??

GMT