1. Sarah and Dan will be attending a Father-Daughter Dance tonight. Sarah is thrilled. Dan is,um, a little less than thrilled. He keeps asking me what they are going to do for two whole hours. I told him he and Sarah will probably dance for about 5 minutes, eat some refreshments, have their picture taken and then she will run off giggling with her friends for the next hour and forty-five minutes. And then he will
2. Dan and Peter have been working on Peter's Pinewood Derby car for next weekend's race. Lowe's Home Improvement is going to have a track set up tomorrow for any Boy Scout to come by and test their car. The boys are going to do that tomorrow to make sure it runs okay and doesn't jump the track. I think at this point though it would be too late for them to make any improvements to the car although someone from Lowe's will be available to make suggestions. It would be nice if one year we had a fast car.
3. We are excited about the Super Bowl this weekend. Go Patriots! I will be making a big batch of my Jalapeno Popper Dip. I would invite you guys over but when the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, my husband won't allow for any distractions - no parties, no people, no conversation - just nervous watching, occasional pacing and frantic phone calls to his brother to discuss how the game is going.
4. Saw this on Pinterest this week. Love it!
6. I took my father-in-law to McDonald's for breakfast this morning. He loves McDonald's. If you asked him to name his favorite restaurant he would tell you McDonald's. You know what I love about McDonald's? Their medium hot mochas with skim milk. McCafe is the best thing going when you have to go to McDonald's.
7. Saw a groundhog sitting at the edge of a field this morning. Does it mean anything special when they see their shadows the day after Groundhog's Day?
For more Quick Takes, head over here.