photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The rest of the weekend....

Last Saturday, I sent Dan and Peter and Peter's friend Colton out into the hurricane to Greensboro.  (Why do we seem to be spending so much time there lately?) And when I say "the hurricane" I really mean "some wind and some rain". 

Back in the spring or early summer, Peter bought tickets to see Wintersun in concert.  If you aren't familiar with Wintersun, they are a heavy metal band from Finland.  Have I mentioned Peter's interesting taste in music?  Well, it's interesting.

My husband agreed to take him and I had been praying since the minute that we bought those tickets that Dan would be in town so I would not have to go.  I think Dan was praying equally as hard that something would come up and I would have to go instead.  Hmmmmmm....I guess we know who's go more pull with the Big Guy!  (Only kidding.)

Anyway, Dan made it home from Switzerland, the storm wasn't as bad as predicted and the show went on as scheduled and I got to sit home on the couch in my pjs while Dan texted me a couple of pictures:

I immediately texted this picture to my friend Jennifer with the urgent question, "Why do our babies look like grown men????"

 This is Peter in his element.  He had a great time (not sure Colton had as much fun be he was a good sport!) and I'm sure he's saving his pennies for the next concert.  You would be surprised how frequently these obscure heavy metal bands from other countries go on tour....

Sunday morning found us at church and then we all went out to eat to celebrate our birthaversary  Then we went back to my parent's house for cake and gifts. 

Who are these old people??? 

My parents gave me an Instant Pot!

My brother being goofy!

He just can't help himself!

 My parents and my babies!

 And then just like that it was Monday again!

2 comments:

Madeline said...

I am so glad that Peter has kind and supportive people who will pretend to like the same music in his life! I hope you do a post on your instapot!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a good weekend. I would love to know what you think of the imstapot.