photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Edition 39

It's Thankful Thursday so let's go...

1.  My sweet husband.  He had to come home from a long day of work and the immediately went to the basement to fix a clog in the heat pump which was causing water to leak all of the basement floor.

2. And then after fixing the clog in the pump, we had to rescue a hummingbird that was trapped in our garage.  Poor dumb bird kept flying up and into the ceiling instead of out the giant open garage door.  It had been in there at least three hours. After failed attempts at making a "net" out of a table cloth and two broom sticks, we found success with a giant dust broom and thankfully after 30 minutes of trying were able to get the bird out of the garage.  And THEN, at 8:30, my sweet tired husband was able to sit down and relax.

3. I had lunch with my bestie yesterday.

4. I've been slowly marking things off my to-do list.  This week I knocked out a couple more closets. Well, not knocked them out but cleaned them out.  It's always a good feeling to open a closet door and be able to find what you are looking for.

5.  Sarah's Girl Scout troop is having a yard sale this weekend and that was the main driver in the two closets being cleaned out.  :)   I love her troop and am very thankful for them - yard sale or not!

6. Homecoming is over and a good time was had by all.

7.  I'm slowly learning to use my Instant Pot.

8.  Fall TV!  Yes, I 'm thankful that the new shows are starting up.

9.Selfies with my sweetie.

10. Dinner time.  We always try to have dinner together every night. I love this time together. There's usually laughter, arguing, complaining, discussions on who did what at school, and more.  Even though cooking is not my forte, I am always thankful when we are all gathered around the table together.

12. A sweet friend and her husband who towed our old undriveable car to the scrap yard for us.  They went above and beyond with their offer to help us.  I'm so lucky and thankful to have such good friends!

11.  Ebates and cash back! Every time I shop online, I check Ebates first to see if I can order through them.  It's simple - I have a link in my toolbar that usually pops up when I'm in an online store asking me if I want to activate a code. Of course I do.  I just bought some shirts online for my brother and I'm getting $8 back from Ebates.  EIGHT DOLLARS - not eight points.  Actual dollars.

They mail me a check at the end of every month.  If you haven't already signed up with Ebates do it now with my code and I get some extra cash back.  The holiday season will be here before you know it so why don't you get into the habit of using Ebates now to maximize your cash back!  Who among us is not thankful for cash?!

What are you guys thankful for this week?




2 comments:

Mari said...

Dan is a good one! Better keep him. :)
I signed up for Ebates - thanks for the tip!

Madeline said...

So glad Dan was able to get your clog and the hummingbird!