photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Which superhero are you?

My blogging buddy, Mother of This Lot, over at Mother's Pride, has tagged me for a meme. I've been tagged for several memes, which I always intend to getting around to, but never complete. Mainly because they require me to think a lot and that's just not something I feel like doing at 6:00am when I normally write my posts.

But this meme caught my eye because there is a quiz involved! And I do love taking tests! I like to prove to myself and the world how smart I really am.

Anyway, here are the rules to this meme - (And according to Wikipedia, meme actually rhymes with theme. Bet you didn't know that. Bet you have been pronouncing it me-me, as in "Oh, teacher, I know the answer! Pick me...me. Pick me!")

I told you I like proving how smart I am.

O.k. enough about me, let's get back to the rules. You are supposed to take this quiz and write a post about which Superhero you are.

So I took the quiz and the results came back 70% Superman.

Superman? I just naturally assumed I would be Wonder Woman, since after all, I am a woman and I do consider myself wonderful.

I never dreamed the results would show that I am most like Superman. Especially since I am certainly not "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound".

Perhaps if Superman's slogan was "faster than a preschooler darting into parking lot traffic, more powerful than the smell coming from the bathroom after two preschoolers have been to the potty, and able to leap tall mounds of laundry", then this quiz would be on to something.

Since I wasn't happy with my test results, I began thinking about which super hero I was more like. And after lots of pondering, I really couldn't come up with anything. I didn't feel particularly like Batman, Robin, Spider Man, the Green Lantern, Cat Woman or any of the other normal superheros. None of these seemed to fit me - especially since being a stay-at-home mom is pretty mundane work and all the superheros lead such exciting lives...well, with the exception of Robin.

But my super hero status became pretty clear to me as I was putting my son to bed on Sunday night. After I sang to him, told him what to dream about and kissed him on the cheek, he looked up at me and said, "Momma, you are the Best Mom of the Universe".

Best Mom of the Universe? Hmmmm...that has a nice ring to it, just as long as I don't have to wear a skimpy costume.

post signature

25 comments:

Zaankali said...

This is funny. Sunday my husband wanted me to reach something that was WAYYYYY out of my reachability and I told him, "I know I am married to Mr. Incredible but you unfortunately are not married to Elastigirl."
Smiles!

the dragonfly said...

I'm a bit shocked...I took the quiz and it said I'm 90% Superman. 90%!!! Yikes.

But truly, I like the "Best Mom of the Universe" superhero. Sounds perfect. :)

Brittany said...

haha. I need to take that quiz. But really, if i had a super power it would be the ability to add more time to a day! ha ha.

Amy said...

i am definitely not lastigirl, though i wish i were! lol

Amy Wyatt said...

We were just discussing how to pronounce meme. Thanks for the info. I totally had it wrong. I took the quiz. Green Lantern. Loved this post.

Chelle' said...

Adorable.

I have to agree... I didn't find that test to be very helpful in finding my superhero likeness. It said I was 60%: Superman, Supergirl, Green Lantern, and 2 other super hereos I don't remember.

OHmommy said...

Awwww... I love what our kids say. You need to video tape that for evdience. :)

Queen of My Domain said...

I don't think even Superman can compete with that title. Best mom in the Universe. What a compliment!

jennwa said...

I always new you were SUPER !!! You save my life a lot, or a least make it a lot easier.

I took it and I was Spiderman. It said I was intelligent and witty. We both know that is questionable. But you results were right on.

AutoSysGene said...

"faster than a preschooler darting into parking lot traffic, more powerful than the smell coming from the bathroom after two preschoolers have been to the potty, and able to leap tall mounds of laundry"

This is a non brainer, your SUPERMOM!!

LindaSue said...

How fun - I'm 75% Spiderman and I forgot the rest ! is there an absentminded man>
thanks for the laugh and I already knew you were the best mom - every blogger mom I read is the best mom to at least someone! Hooray for mom blogs (I am not one so this isn't shameless flattery - merely a cheerful observation).

the mother of this lot said...

Who needs to be a Superhero when you can get kids comments like that?

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Spiderman!

Lee said...

Hi. I came over from Mother's Pride. Loved this post. It's great the way we come to realize our strengths by different paths. Welcome to the super heroine community!

Peace!

Christina said...

Your son has the right idea. I like the sound of Best mom in the universe. You certainly can't beat that one. What a smart boy!

Mari said...

I like the best Mom of the universe! I am 85% Spiderman. I don't like spiders or webs so I'm in trouble!

Jennifer said...

Best Mom of the Universe. It doesn't get much better than that.

I took the quiz just now and I am...The Hulk! A wanderer with strength. (Or something like that.) Hmmm.

elizabeth embracing life said...

I think I will let my kids decide what super hero I am. All I know is that a day does not go by where they something so precious.

elizabeth embracing life said...

I think I will let my kids decide what super hero I am. All I know is that a day does not go by where they something so precious.

Steph said...

I was totally pronouncing it me-me.
That was a way cool meme...I love your superhero! What a cute kid.
My kids always think I can grab anything no matter how far away it is, so I am always saying, "What, you think I'm Elastigirl?"

Texasholly said...

Such a sweet son. Thank God motherhood doesn't require a skimpy costume.

tommie said...

How cute! Kids say the best things.

BTW, I was Spiderman: You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility.

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Ooh, off to take the test.

(For me, it's not the skimpy costume but the tights that would be the dealbreaker!)

Ann(ie) said...

I'm the Hulk. hehe. That was fun!

junglemama said...

How sweet! What a superhero in the eyes of your son.