photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Friday, March 7, 2008

Truer words have never been spoken.

My son is often saying that he doesn't want to get married. I'm not exactly sure where this declaration keeps coming from but he's been saying it for a year now and he's adamant about it each time he says it.

Last night at dinner, Sarah was asking who I loved more - her, Peter or Daddy. She and I have been having this conversation a lot lately so I explained again how I loved all three equally but that I loved Daddy first. And because I loved Daddy, we got married and had her and Peter.

Of course, upon hearing the word 'married', Peter loudly exclaimed, "I'm never getting married!"

Dan said, "But if you don't get married, then you can't have kids."

Peter retorted and this is verbatim (yes, I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget), "Why would you want kids? All they do is make a big mess!"

I told you he was smart.


***********************************************************************************
Don't forget to come back here on Monday morning for another installment of Miracle Monday. Write about a miracle on your blog and link back here using my Mr. Linky so everyone can read about it.


post signature

30 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I wish I'd been that clever when I was five.

Or even twenty five.

Amy said...

i love it! my oldes (7) says he's not getting married either. better yet, he plans to live with us forever!!! ugh!!

Mari said...

He's got that figured out pretty early in life! I bet he'll be changing his mind!

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! That is hysterical!!

Brittany said...

Wow. That is a hoot. Smart kid!

Annikke said...

Oh my... that is hilarious!!! Yep, he is a smart one!! :o)

Badness Jones said...

Lol! The Princess (4) says that she's not going to get any kids either. Of course, she can't decide if she's going to marry her brother or our dog, so with either of those routes I think no kids is a good thing....

Christina said...

That had me laughing out loud. Only a child could put this in this kind of perspective. You have to keep what he said and remind him of it on his wedding day. My daughter once said she was never going to have kids and I told her I was writing it down and going to give it to her as a gift at her baby shower.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he has it all figured out. My 4 year old informed me the other day that "boys just do not understand girls". Some things really don't change as we get older I guess.

Kellan said...

How funny and how true (tee hee!)

Have a good weekend Beth and thanks for coming by and thanks for your prayers for our sweet baby. Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Tina said...

Aw, smart boy indeed!! Funny how they KNOW they make messes...and will still do it anyway!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Oh that's funny.

Ann(ie) said...

hehe. Amen Peter!! He's one smart cookie!

Corey~living and loving said...

tee hee.....that is funny. So he KNOWS what he is doing.....hmmmmmmm

have a great weekend.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

About 3 months into Kindergarten, my son now is going to marry whatever girl in his class was nice to him that day. Last year, he was going to marry me. *sniff*
KEEP BELIEVING

Bonnie said...

He IS smart !! tee hee

the mother of this lot said...

Came back to say 'You've been tagged'!

Chelle' said...

I'm almost certain he started that verbatim statement with "Eeeeew. Girl's are icky and have cooties."

Yup. Pretty sure.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Once those hormones kick it, I bet he'll have a different song to sing.

Melissa said...

ha haa. Well at least he is aware that he causes those messes. Maybe you wont have to worry about him making anymore with a relazation like that! :)

the dragonfly said...

Oh yes, very true! But I wouldn't trade my messy little boy for a spotless house ever. :)

jennwa said...

He is so smart. He gets it from his Mom.

Michelle said...

Beth, thanks for stopping by. (and ps, it's ok if you don't like collards, I just enjoyed seeing you).

My 89yr old adamantly also says she never wants to get married and doesn't want kids. She is also my little rocket scientist. Maybe it's a "smart kid" thing?

Michelle said...

Sorry, not 89.She just turned 9 and I am still trying to remember she isn't 8.

tommie said...

That kid is too smart for his own good!

Karen MEG said...

He is a smart cookie, isn't he? LOL!

Texasholly said...

Way too cute.

Not Your Regular Mini Van Mom said...

Out of the mouths of babes! That is too funny. Kids really do say the darndest things :)

Don Mills Diva said...

The boy knows his mind - let's see how he feels when he falls in love with someone other than mommy!

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Now why can't I ever come up with those snappy comebacks?!