photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It never hurts to put on fresh lipstick.

I woke up yesterday excited and anxious. It was the first Miracle Monday and I must admit I was a little nervous. It was the kind of nervous you get when you throw a party.

You know the kind of nervous I'm talking about. You've sent out the invitations. You've bought the food and the drinks. You've cleaned your house. You've put on a cute outfit.

And then you wait.

You wait nervously by the front door checking your hair in the mirror. You put on fresh lipstick. You check the appetizers in the oven and you wait. You put on more lipstick. You check the mirror to make sure none of it is on your teeth. And you wait.

And then the doorbell rings and your first guest arrives. And it rings again and your second guest arrives. And before you know it....

You have a party!

That's exactly what happened yesterday. I knew God would take care of the visitors but I still had butterflies in my stomach.

I was hoping 5 people would show up to share their miracles but 18 people stopped by!

EIGHTEEN!

I had a wonderful day yesterday reading all the miracles. I laughed. I cried. I got chills.

And I thanked God.

If anyone ever doubts there is a God, I hope they will read these miracles.

God is real. He walks on this earth today in 2008 and he will help you.

All you have to do is ask. And wait. And it never hurts to put on fresh lipstick.


Please come back next Monday for more Miracle Monday.

post signature

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put!

Denise said...

Such a lovely post, bless you sweetie.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I so enjoyed reading all the miracles and will definitely stop back on Mondays to continue to be blessed!

Brittany said...

I loved reading them, as well! What a great idea, Beth! :)

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I had fun at the party. I will be back week after week until you are sick of me. If you don't feel like hosting, I will probably still crash!
KEEP BELIEVING

elizabeth embracing life said...

Wait, appetizers...how did I miss those? Truly a day of being blessed. Easiest party I ever went to while home with three sick kids.

AutoSysGene said...

I'm glad everything worked out like you hoped. I'll be participating next week when I have a little more time to write my post.

Anonymous said...

Lipstick, maybe that is what I have been missing...

Great party!

Melissa said...

it really was a great idea. I enjoyed reading them and happy to hear it was a success

Daisy said...

I loved the Miracle Monday.

Tag - you're it. I tagged you on my blog.

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Such a great idea -- of course people showed up!

Bonnie said...

I missed this yesterday and am just seeing it this morning. Time difference !! I will have to come back a bit later to read everyone's miracle posts ! Right now, it's time to get ready for the day ...

the mother of this lot said...

Congratulations Beth! I enjoyed reading all the miracles!

jennwa said...

I knew Miracle Monday was a good idea. I really enjoyed reading everyones Miracle's too.

Corey~living and loving said...

Great post. I am so proud of you for following your heart in this.
I loved the way you described your anticipation. well done.

McMommy said...

Oh, I missed the party!! I'm like the embarassed guest that shows up on the wrong date! (but to my defense, I only found your blog today!) Next Monday I will be here for sure...and wearing some fabulous lipstick! :)

Amy said...

i love your blog layout. it is beautiful. i am looking to give mine a make-over real soon. i am just not sure how.

thanks for the inspiration in this post. i will have to read some of your older ones, as i am very interested. thanks for sharing. i will be back!

Christina said...

This was such a great idea. I couldn't believe all the awesome miracles people have experienced. The only problem is we have to wait for next Monday to read more. It's pretty obvious your readers have plenty miracles to write about.

PS I will remember to wear lipstick on Monday.

Anonymous said...

I said it before and I'll say it again...I am so thankful that you are hosting this new meme!!!! I love parties and I can't wait for more :0)

Christy said...

I've loved reading the miracle stories. I'm still trying to get through all 18 of them...revival, MOPS, work...not enough time in the day. I also loved how you wrote your post.

Ann(ie) said...

It was such a wonderful idea and a huge hit!!! Beautifully DONE!!

Becky said...

It was a great idea, Miracle Monday. I love hearing people brag on God and all He does for us!

I think it's going to catch on, too...like Wordless Wednesday or Thursday Thirteen. Who knows what great things the Lord has in store through this?