I found a great recipe for Avocado Hummus on Pinterest and I made it yesterday. And if I must say, it was delicious!
Here's the original recipe.
Here's my version. I modified the original because I don't typically have tahini hanging out in the old cupboard. So I upped the lime juice, garlic, and cumin to give it extra flavor.
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving if desired
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 - 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves, for topping
- Red pepper flakes, for topping
Place the first seven ingredients into the food processor and blend for about 2 minutes until smooth.
Garnish with cilantro and red pepper flakes if you want to make it fancy. (When Sarah saw the completed dish she exclaimed, "Mom, it's so pretty! And so fancy!")
I ate half the bowl with sugar snap peas. Don't judge. It was my lunch!