I found another recipe on Pinterest that I really wanted to try. It was for a tortellini pasta salad and it looked so yummy. However, when I tried to access the website that contained the recipe, McAfee sent up several red flags and a flashing screen that questioned, "This site you are trying to reach is questionable. Do you really want to go there?"
No. I did not want to go there. The last thing I need is a virus on the old computer. But darn it, I really wanted to make the tortellini salad. I needed a recipe!
I decided to be industrious and did a Google search on the ingredients I could see from the picture on Pinterest and found what I used as my recipe. (I would link to that but it was a strange webpage that was filled with a bunch of strange looking ads and the ingredients to the tortellini salad and nothing else. So. Not link worthy at all.)
Dan and I thought this salad was pretty tasty. It would make a great side dish at a summer cookout.
Tortellini Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- 20 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (I used the kind that was already formed into small balls)
- 1 cup pepperoni (I used the mini pepperoni. If you don't have this, just cube the regular sized pepperoni into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Combine all other ingredients and pour over tortellini. Enjoy!