It's Friday so let's do Seven Quick Takes!
1. Dan has been out of town yet again this week. He also left the Sunday before Memorial Day (yes, his long weekend wasn't even as long as a normal weekend!) and was gone that week as well. But he's home tomorrow so there is much rejoicing.
2. Today is the last day of school and I must say I'm a bit sad. I am blaming it all on a nice mixture of hormones, grief and nostalgia. But the kids are so excited to be finished with what has been a very long school year and I'm looking forward to having them around all summer.
3. And speaking of summer, I went bathing suit shopping. Postpartum bathing suit shopping is even more horrible than regular post-winter bathing suit shopping. I tweeted that I wished I could suck in my thighs. But large thighs withstanding, I was able to find two bathing suits that are wearable. Now I can at least I can work on getting a bit of a tan. I've always operated under the assumption that tan fat looks better than pale fat!
4. I took Sarah for a haircut this week. She requested layers but I had to say no to that. She doesn't understand that layers have to be dealt with on a daily basis and until she's old enough to deal with them herself, no layers! So when she asked for about 4 inches to be removed, I let her go for it. A good mom blogger would have a nice before and after shot of her hair. All I have is this...
5. After reading the post where I mentioned getting back to running, quite a few people told me that would walk with me if I wanted the company. I've thought a lot about their kind offers but have decided that it's best to go it alone.
Now that school is over, I will be running bright and early while my husband and kids are still sleeping. And one of my favorite things to do while running is to pray. It's a nice way to keep my mind off the fact that I'm running! Plus, I wouldn't be much company anyway - I'm not one of these people that can run and talk at the same time.
6. And speaking of running, I'm up to 1.5 miles. My goal for next week is 2 miles each run.
7. And this leads me to food. Because what good is exercise without a healthy diet? I've been eating a lot of Black Bean Salsa. My complicated recipe? A can of black beans, a can of corn, and a can of Rotel. Throw all of that in a bowl and add some light Italian dressing and voila, the perfect lunch, or if your husband is out of town, the perfect lunch AND dinner. I've also been eating a lot of rice and a lot of salads.
And to calm my raging sweet tooth:
Plain Greek yogurt with honey drizzled on top. (Although this looks more like a ladle than a drizzle!)
And now, you're all caught up with what's been going on around here! For more Quick Takes, head over to Jen's place.