1. Last Friday when I stepped on the scales, I rejoiced! I had lost one whole pound! Yippee!
But on Monday when I stepped on them again, it was back. Boo Hiss. I guess when you stop eating like a bird or a rabbit for a couple of days and eat like a human, it will come back.
This morning, after 5 days of eating like a bird/rabbit, the pound was gone again. Now I just have to do better with my weekend eating and we'll see if it's still gone on Monday. Luckily the birthday cake is almost gone!
2. I've been out the door by 6:00 AM every day this week. I'm up to 2 miles each run. They are still very slow miles but at least I'm making progress with my distance. I'm thinking another week of 2 milers and then I might try to inch up to 2.5. I'm working under the old adage of slow and steady wins the race.
3. I posted a tasty recipe for Avocado Hummus earlier this week. If you missed it, you should check it out. It was full of flavor and very creamy! I dipped sugar snap peas in it and that was my lunch a couple of days this week. See, I told you I was eating like a rabbit. If I sprout whiskers....
4. Sarah's friend birthday party is this weekend. Typically she celebrates with just one friend but this year she begged to invite all of the girls from her class. Luckily her class is small. The ones that can come our meeting us the skating rink for an afternoon of roller skating and pizza, and afterwards three girls are coming to spend the night. She is very excited. Me, well, sleepovers just aren't my thing but I'm always glad we did them after they are done.
5.On Wednesday evening I attended a cooking demonstration with my mom and Jennifer. It was at Chef Dion's restaurant. His She crab soup and crab cakes are menu favorites and that's what he was demonstrating. My parents love to go to Dion's and typically get the soup and crab cakes and Jennifer is from Maryland and loves how Dion prepares them as well so we knew we had to attend this.
It was very informative and a lot of fun. We took notes, asked questions, and ate great food! There was complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres . And of course the soup and crab cakes which he served with roasted potatoes and asparagus. I would highly recommend Chef Dion's cooking demonstrations if you are local.
6. I can not tell you how happy this makes me:
Hurry up and turn red! Momma's ready for a matter sammich!
7. Oh, and by the wa, did you know? It's Friday the 13th AND there's a full moon! Well, actually the full moon occurred in the very early hours this morning but it's still going to be almost full tonight. Enjoy all the craziness that is bound to ensue.
Head over to Kathryn's for more 7 Quick Takes. She's our hostess with the mostest this week and next since Jen is taking a well deserved break.