photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Crafts? Um, no. We just aren't good at 'em.

I've mentioned before that my friend Jennwa loves to craft. And I don't.

But that doesn't stop me from trying.

On Tuesday, the kids were more bored than normal so I decided to try a craft that Jennifer recently posted on her blog. I had everything I needed and it seemed simple enough. (Head on over to her site to see just how cute hers turned out.)

I even got out the hot glue gun. I was serious about making me some inch worms.

The kids were excited and didn't even seem to mind when I realized we were out of pom poms. Being the smart, quick thinking mom that I am, we improvised with cotton balls.

The result - our inch worms look a little pale and sickly and just not quite right. The heads are just a little to big for the bodies and caused them to be a little top heavy.

And since I didn't have any pom poms I couldn't make cute little head phones like Jennifer's son made for his.

But I was proud of myself. We did make polka dots for ours. Peter even decided that his (the blue one) should have legs and 4 eyes.

But our craftiness didn't end there. No it didn't.

Peter asked me if he could make something on his own. I got excited and replied with a hearty "Sure! Of course! Make anything you would like!"

I figured why not. All of our craft supplies were already out and there was already a mess. I was excited to see what their little minds would come up with. This was going to be great!

"What do you want to make?" I asked.

"How about a dead tree on a fence?" Peter replied.

Looks like the kids have my crafting gene.





post signature

11 comments:

jennwa said...

I love them both.

The fence cracked me up.

Family Adventure said...

I think you're highly creative and crafty. That fence was hilarious :)

Heidi

Tina said...

You did great!
And that is REALLY funny!! :)

Queen of My Domain said...

Very cute catepillars and the fences made me laugh. How cute!

Heather said...

We've tried and tried crafts at our house, and I've finally just resigned myself to the fact that we're not craft people.

McMommy said...

Both were so crafty! But I think the dead tree and fence was my favorite!!

Must be a boy thing....Matty gave me a birthday card he made for me...with "really hot fire" and "cockroaches" on it. Lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny. The "dead" trees actually look quite nice!

Brittany said...

They look GREAT!!!!

I am not crafty. :( I try, but it never works out right.

Suburban Correspondent said...

They look great. And if you just leave them with some craft sticks and "fun" things and glue, the kids have fun creating all on their own. They are way more imaginative than we could ever be.

Corey~living and loving said...

tee hee.....too funny about the dead tree and a fence. :) love it.

Corey~living and loving said...

oh and have a GREAT weekend!