photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I'll be the judge of that.

Peter was supposed to have a track meet this afternoon/evening but thankfully it got moved to tomorrow night.  The high today is only supposed to be 42 and it's supposed to be windy.  Tomorrow it's going to be mid-50s so that will be a little better.  Last week's track meet the highs were in the upper 40's and it was cold but not unbearable until the sun went down.  So hopefully the kids won't freeze tomorrow in their sleeveless shirts and shorty shorts.



Has anyone been watching American Idol?  Sarah and I always used to love watching it and we were both sad when it went off the air.  Although I felt that last season they were just phoning it in.  We've been anxiously awaiting the start of the new season since they announced it last year.

I was a little disappointed with the first two nights.  I don't like the new judges.  Lionel Richie can't  seem to stay seated - not sure if it's a back problem or if he has ADHD or what but he is always up out of his seat hovering around the other judges or hugging the contestants. 


Sit down, Lionel.  Just sit down. And stop hugging everyone.

And then there's Katy Perry who is either throwing herself at the cute male contestants or batting her eyelashes and prancing around like she's been crowned the most beautiful girl in the world. 

Nope.  You're cute as a button Katy but a little humility would make you even cuter. 

And Luke Bryan.  Y'all.  He's cute and I guess he's a good singer.  I wouldn't really know because I haven't listened to country music since the early/mid-90's.  As a judge, he likes everyone but also seems to have trouble coming up with the right words or sometimes even finishing his sentences.  I'm just going to say one thing...

Bless his heart.  

We watched both nights and had a grand time making fun of everyone.  There were a couple of good singers, a few they made waaaaaaaaaaaay too much fuss over, and then the ones that have a good backstory and everyone was crying.  Except us.  We were rolling our eyes.

I hate it when someone has a disability or a hardship story and they judges make over them like they are fabulous. 

Nope.  You are a decent singer that's had some tough breaks in life and that's it.

I don't mean to be heartless but this is a singing competition.  (say that in a British accent for full effect).

I guess what I'm saying is that I really, really, really, miss...
 

SIMON COWELL!

We will still be watching this season but I hope they have some really fabulous singers in their back pocket. I'm still waiting for another Kelly Clarkson or another Carrie Underwood but so far, I haven't seen it.

And with that, I must sign off.  The kids going being out on Monday and going in two hours late haas me extremely far behind on my list of things to do.




4 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

I saw the first episode and was like ... meh.

I hear you, though, about Simon Cowell.

Billie Jo said...

Yep.
We turned the channel when Simon signed off.
I hear ya, sister!

Madeline said...

I don't think I've watched at all since Simon left. I hope your track meet feels warmer than it is!!

Mari said...

I haven't watched it lately, but I love The Voice!