photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Monday, March 26, 2018

A rather boring weekend update....

The kids are officially on Easter/Spring Break!

They get two full weeks this year.  Normally they just get a week and a half but because all the teachers in the Diocese of Charlotte have a two day meeting, they get two full weeks.

To say my kids are excited is an understatement.  They've been looking forward to two full weeks off since the day they went back after Christmas break.

We picked Sarah up from her trip on Friday night and before we even got to the school she had texted us that she was feeling bad - freezing cold, sore throat, back ache.

I took her temp when we got home and it was almost 101.  She was supposed to go to her final Confirmation Retreat on Saturday morning.  It was scheduled to last from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm. Needless to say, she wasn't able to go to that.

Other than to eat a little lunch and a little dinner, she was in bed all day Saturday.  But she was fever free all day and only complained of a sore throat.  I am very thankful because I thought we were about to get hit with a spring break flu!

Our weekend was pretty laid back. It was rainy and cold (so what else is new?) on Saturday but it was sunny on Sunday.  It was still cold and windy but at least we had sun!  My parents had invited us and Jennifer's family to Sunday lunch.  My dad grilled steaks and we had a baked potato bar, a salad bar, cheesy garlic bread, and corn on the cob to go along with it.

My mom made an orange pineapple cake, Jennifer brought a dutch apple pie and a key lime pie, and I made a wine cake.  Needless to say, we all rolled out of there stuffed!

Here are the only pictures I have of Sarah on her trip:


1 comment:

Madeline said...

Well I am glad she had a good trip and recovered quickly!! Bummer she missed the confirmation retreat though. Your Sunday meals always made my mouth water.